Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
is it stretching, to think that the iTunes Store could make available t.v. shows for free in the that you can only pause and rewind the show, until you have watched the whole show INCLUDING commercials...so you are forced to watch the commercials, i would watch the commercials if they gave the show for free

+++++ what happened to that rumor that you can buy a season at a reduced price corellating to the number of episodes in the season already bought, i would LOVE that too

penter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
i think your proposal is stretching it a bit. you can easily capture the video with third party apps, so apple would have to deal with piracy. also, the commercials, besides being a pretty pointless obstacle for keeping ppl from watching, would pose another challenge for apple, which would be to deal with advertisement and all sorts of problems related to it.

but thats just what i think....

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
is it stretching, to think that the iTunes Store could make available t.v. shows for free in the that you can only pause and rewind the show, until you have watched the whole show INCLUDING commercials...so you are forced to watch the commercials, i would watch the commercials if they gave the show for free
I think that would be a great idea. Maybe it could even be implemented in a slightly different format (text adds, radio style stuff,...), but the idea of enduring commercials in order to watch free, i really like.
Once you watched it once, commercials go away. In order to make sure you're watching they could ad a "continue" button before and after each commercial break. This way they could leave you pause and rewind your heart out.

you can easily capture the video with third party apps
Which doesn't change anything from where we are now, people would have to edit out the commercials. Now they don't even need to do that.

also, the commercials, besides being a pretty pointless obstacle for keeping ppl from watching
I don't understand this, language wise possibly... :confused:

...another challenge for apple, which would be to deal with advertisement and all sorts of problems related to it.
Google!

penter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
its ok, it also takes me a while to figure out what the endless abbreviations used over here stand for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.