It's Friday night! What the hell are you doing here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Blue Velvet, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

OK, well it's not quite night here yet, per se. Not even afternoon...

But I have no intention of staying in tonight posting on MR. What are you up to tonight? Or rather, what do you really wish you were up to tonight?

FFS. The weekend starts here.

Is Friday over-rated as a going-out night? What about Saturday? Or is Tuesday the new Friday? Sunday the new Saturday?

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I'm lonely.

Well, actually, it's 3:38 am and I am busy posting in another forum. Something funny is going down and I want to be a part of it. :D

3. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

And here's me having the generous thought that you may be actually doing some work in between posts here... :p

4. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

Thursday night in my opinion since I haven't slept yet :p gmt-8

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Well, it's Friday morning here. Early in the morning. I most definitely won't be here Friday night. I'll be going out to trip the light fantastic. Actually not so much myself, but my son. I've volunteered to help clean up after the dance at his middle school tonight :rolleyes:

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I'm on some heavy penicillin and are not going anywhere today or tonight... ;)

Not sure I'm going to be reading/posting too much here, I'm trying to get some relative computer-free R&R... :eek:

On the other hand, if I get a bit better, resting might be too boring, in which case I'm back online... :D

7. dcv macrumors G3

I'll be out for a few drinks tonight. Tomorrow night, not sure yet... might just be boring and stay in and watch the fireworks from my roof terrace.

I feel the need for a "tame" weekend... not like the last one! I'm getting too old... can't keep up with these youngsters... :eek: :p ;)

8. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Tonight I will continue my fiancee's introduction to the Star Wars universe. We watched A New Hope last night, so tonight is Empire. I am just glad that I finally convinced her to watch them in order of theatrical release. That way she may be just as excited about III as I was. Then she can be just as disappointed. :(

Hickman

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You guys really need to keep up. I've already had my Friday night drinks. They were okay but we've all got exams coming up over the next few weeks so they finished kinda early (it's 10:30).

I find Friday nights are always full of old people who've just finished work and are having a few drinks. Thursdays and Saturdays are more my seen. :)

Oh, and I also didn't want to miss out on that thing Lacero mentioned. ;)

10. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

It's 7AM and I'm about to go to school :D

Code 79 (excused from class) all day!! Our video department is taping a live debate for Mayoral Candidates and then I volunteered to help out with the Muscular Distrophy Association's raise money and then be on teams and compete in a field day thinger. Then back to the studio to edit all night.

11. Lau Guest

Yeah, I'm a other-nights-going-out kinda girl. Friday nights in Bath (and many other cities) are full of noisy irritating people. I enjoy:
    1. being able to get a drink at the bar in less than 45 minutes
    2. having a conversation that doesn't involve screaming in each other's ears
    3. getting a seat in a pub in order to have said conversation
    4. not getting punched in the face or thrown up on on the way home

I think I must be getting old. I used to go out all the time, and now I don't nearly as often.

I do go out on some Fridays and Saturdays, but tend to enjoy it much less. Thursdays round here are a good night to go out on, there's usually a few bands on if you don't fancy just going for a pint.

Tonight I'm going to a friend's house with a load of people to watch Napoleon Dynamite and have some wines. :D

12. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Really depends how I'm feeling by the time I finish work....possibly a huge piss up, possibly just a quick one then home, or, straight home and down the gym, or, straight home to "lounge", ooooorrrrrrr.....[​IMG]

13. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Friday Night? Pfft!!!

Had my Friday night drinks and it's almost Saturday morning.

Talk about you guys dragging the chain!!

14. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Friday night's, hmmmm, might fly down to Rio in my lear jet, might stay in at the palace and watch the guard change.

Anythings better than Coronation Street and a dodgy takeaway.

I've got friends over tonight, might get a bit rowdy... (them I mean).

15. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

well i'm still at work and have just got back from my lunch break at the pub

so tonight i'm taking it easy and watching some chevy chase films my mrs bought today from hmv ...with some beer and wine that is :)

16. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

today
    work work work
    then over to the quiet local for a seat and quiet yack with some buddies

tomorrow
    work work work
    then over to the quiet local for a seat and quiet yack with some buddies, watch the union, then the league, then the fireworks

Sunday
    work wo...

repeat until Dec 10

17. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Damn. That's a spot on summary of what my Friday night will be :eek:

It's because both me and my girlfriend are exhausted after a hard weeks' work...no really. *hangs head in embarrassment that other people actually have social lives*

18. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    My best friend from college is back in town(he graduated) and i haven't seen him since we went abroad together. He called me and left a voicemail only saying, "Hey its Matt I'm coming out this weekend and I hope your ready" So I'm assuming I'm getting hammered tonight at one of the local dirty campus bars.

19. dcv macrumors G3

Anything's better than Coronation Street *any* night of the week!

20. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

but corrie is really funny sometimes ,

o i bet your really upset at the moment Dietcokevanila hehe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4405262.stm

21. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

It's only 12:46pm here, but I am spending the night with my new girlfriend, then due to her massive fear of fireworks we are going clubbing tomorrow. I wanna blow **** up :D

22. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

You have a point, but the alternative is often Changing Rooms or Wife swap or one of a whole raft of cheap, crap reality shows.

I love the quality of UK TV.

Good job we've got friends and multi-tap controllers for the PS2....

Pro-evolution tournament anyone?

23. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I've got to admit I've been sucked in to it. On the outside I pretend I don't like it, but really I find it quite entertaining.

Still not a reason to stay in on a Friday night though. :mad:

24. dcv macrumors G3

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :eek: they can't do that?!!
    Dammit. I even worked for them for a while - and this is how they repay me?
    (hehe i'm not addicted to the stuff, just a silly (unfortunate) choice of name i made a while ago and it kinda stuck)

Don't get me started on UK TV.... too much to rant about!

I normally can't stand soaps... but right now Phil and Grant are back in Eastenders and it's *mildly* entertaining :eek: *buries head in shame*

25. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

As are their real lives - both actors have been smacked around in the last day by their partners.

A cynic might suggest that no publicity is bad publicity, but then I'm not a cynic...