Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tinlad

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Nottingham, UK
I'm going to be buying a laptop (ahem, 'portable computer') very soon. The MacBook Pro is a mighty tempting machine. I've ruled out the MacBook (integrated graphics aren't good enough for what I want, and the screen's too small for me).

The only problem is the fear I have of going and spending £1200 on a MBP (HE discount FTW!) and finding that the battery's duff, the screen flickers, it whines and gets hot enough to fry an egg on.

I know that some of these problems are meant to have been solved, but I'm wondering: what are the chances of me getting a *perfect* MBP? Slim to none, or pretty good? Should I just chance it and take it back if there's a problem, and am I able to do that? Since I'd be getting one of the machines post-speed-bump (2.0GHz, 128MB X1600), then I'm guaranteed to get a recent serial number, right?

Thanks in advance.

chanwaiming3

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2006
i am in simliar shoes as you...

i am considering getting G4 and then get second generation MBP in 6 - 12 months... not sure what to do yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.