It's HOTTTT!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by todd2000, Mar 11, 2006.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Well we just turned our central air on yesterday, and it worked fine all day, now I think it is broken, but can't convince my Aunt of that. The thermostat is set to 68F, and its 80F in here, and for some reason my room seems hotter. I can't sleep in this heat :(. Theres no air blowing out of the vents either, something is wrong. The AC unit is original from possible the 80s, and she says it has never been re-charged, just serviced. Do you need to recharge central air units? Well anyway just thought I'de vent a little (no pun intended).

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

We hit 34°C (94°F) here today and it's humid. The windows in my apartment all face west so it's about a million degrees in here at the moment. Very sticky and yucky, just waiting for a southerly change to cool it all down.

Oh I can't wait to see the back of this summer, so damned humid all the time and very very hot (topped 45°C or 113°F). Roll on winter!!

3. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Yeah.
    We had 36+ C today, but fortunately not humid so it was actually quite pleasant. It has cooled off a bit now (6:15pm) to around 32.

4. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

well it hit the high 70s here today, and now it's 57F

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Are you in Melbourne? They hit 40°C at Avalon today, in March. In Melbourne. That's insane!!!!

6. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Yeah - and whoever built the athletes' village for the Commonwealth Games omitted the air conditioning.

I'm just north of Melbourne at the moment. A week ago I was in Leeds. It was below zero most of the time (as it is now).
    High temps are common in Melbourne until late March, then it rains just as everyone wants to go away for the long Easter weekend.

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Oh god...that was stupid. Those poor guys from the northern hemisphere are gonna melt.

Ah well, maybe we'll get 250 medals this time.

8. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

So obviously it was a well thought out and a necessary contingency (now that many of Australia's stars are dropping out).

9. bartelby macrumors Core

10. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Same here!! It's über cold outside. I mean reallly cold. I'm wishing it was 97º outside. :eek: