It's July, where are the iPod minis?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hkriffraff, Jul 1, 2004.

1. hkriffraff macrumors regular

It's July (the stated international release for the iPod mini), I woke up eagerly and went to the apple online store, but found no mention of the mini at all. This time there wasn't even a day-before postponement of release like they did on 3/31.

This is really irresponsible of Apple - people have been basing their
    purchases on announcements made since Macworld. The first time they could blame Hitachi... fair enough. I know that demand still outweighs supply, but at least they could begin taking orders, so international customers are at least in the queue for minis.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It's Apple. July does not mean the 1st of the month. It means sometime during the month. The could put them up for sale on the 31st with delivery in August.

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I've signed up with Apple Norway to get an e-mail when they're available, and haven't heard anything, yet...

I love my little green mini, and I'm considering to get a pink one for my girlfriend's birthday... (shhh...) ;)

4. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

Yeah this is getting annoying I wish they would just tell us when they are going to be out. They have already announced them so people know they are coming, just tell us when argghh.

I'm starting to wonder if its a reasonable time to buy or we have had to wait so long, they could be updated anytime really.

5. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I expecting new ipods - current models revamped with coloured shells like the minis, just to try and soak up the demand.

6. hkriffraff thread starter macrumors regular

In my first year as a switcher, I'm finding the what & when guessing-game aspect of buying Apple stuff extremely annoying. Is it always going to be this way, or has this been an especially bad year?

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Two factors involved here. One is that Apple probably didn't expect the demand to be that high for a $250 4gb iPod. The other is that they are probably trying to fix the issue with the speaker jack.

8. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

Prices??

how much do you think they will be??? £199

if were lucky??

9. mattthemutt macrumors regular

mattthemutt

10. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

It's been this way as long as I can remember. Apple fans are just especially fanatical, and so they eagerly await each new product.

If this bothers you, then just don't visit the rumor sites and you'll never be disappointed. You'd probably be happier hanging out on sites like Maccentral or Macslash, which only only cover already released products.

11. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Always.

To be honest, I'm really expecting the next-generation iPod to come out very soon. 1) Look at the MR Buyers Guide, 2) Apple releases 4th Gen. iPods, HP continues with that modell, 3) iTMS promotion?

I'm guessing they'll come soon... umm... before the end of summer!

12. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

i guess i will be waiting for the next regular ipod revision before i buy anything, because i have already have to wait for the mini ipod this long. if the regulars adopt the mini wheel (and lose the ugly buttons) and get metal casing, i will buy one of those. but if the buttons are still there, i will buy a mini ipod.

i would have bought a pink mini ipod the day they were released, if apple wanted to sell internationally. now that they made me wait for my ipod, i make them wait for my money :D

13. hkriffraff thread starter macrumors regular

I'm going by Apple's own announcements on iPod mini release!

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Seen some posts here that mentioned static because of the stress on the jack and case. Not so sure it was real or not.