Its like my itunes is skipping like a CD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by absolutoliver, Apr 24, 2006.

1. absolutoliver macrumors newbie

Really frustrating. My Itunes that I listen to all day long on my G5 is skipping like a scratched CD. I feel like its RAM or something but I have 2.5 GIGs of RAM . Help me before I rip my hair out in frustration.

Thanks,

Oliver

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you navigate to one of the song files through Finder and play it with QuickTime, does it still sound like it's skipping? :)

3. absolutoliver thread starter macrumors newbie

Skipping

It does but not nearly as much. If I play through quicktime its only when I open large files or applications that it stumbles. Do you know how to fix it?

4. absolutoliver thread starter macrumors newbie

Also

I notice its on all of my audio. Through internet as well. It skips and cuts in and out.

5. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

Cpu

I have had that issue on my systems if the CPU is at 100%. Usually pausing and restarting the music fixes it, assuming the CPU is not still pegged.
    Check to see if some processes is killing the memory or CPU, maybe it will help.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, what exactly are you doing at the same time? As jayb2000 said, open up Activity Monitor, make sure you're looking at All Processes (not just My Processes) and see if there's an app taking up a lot of your CPU. :)