Its MrMacMan's Birthday

Discussion in 'Community' started by MrMacMan, Mar 7, 2004.

1. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Just wanted to say I know he visits here alot and he is a real ******* but he loved this forums for whatever reason...

Whatever I gotta log off his computer before he finds us on it...

--his friends.

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday mr. macman. Happry birthday to you:)

3. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

haha. great idea taking over his computer. happy birthday.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Happy 16th B-Day MrMacman. I still remember that it's quite a milestone that you have reached. Going to get your license soon? Any Mac purchase planned? I really hope that you had a nice day with family and friends. You deserve it my friend, that is if i may call you my friend.

6. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

MrMacmans friends
    Did you trash his compy for a birthday present??? :D Just kidding. Happy birthday!

7. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

^ that is really what friends are for ;) lol

yes happy birthday mrmacmac!

8. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Errr... thats not funny...

Wow... I really need to disable auto-login... :eek:

Thanks guys...

wdlove -- I gotta take drivers ed first and second semester already started so not this year for a car... and I didn't get a mac either, maybe christmas, this machine is good even tho its a little slow...

Thanks again guys... *must pummel friends later*

9. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Happy birthday. I just found out that I am going to be working for most of the day on my birthday next week, so that's a bummer. I hope you were able to do something enjoyable, though. You have to enjoy the ones that you can, that's for sure.

10. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Definitely! :)

I don't leave my desk without locking the screen, not to mention auto-login is disabled. The funny thing is that I really don't have anything to hide, and it's not like anyone else in this house wants to use a Mac (the fools!). I just don't want my 3- or 4-year-old messing with the mouse or keyboard, and I simply feel better knowing that nothing was disturbed while I was gone.

I guess I'm just a control freak. :D

(Happy birthday, by the way. I didn't get my license till I was 17 out of pure lethargy. I knew the only car I would get to drive was a beat-up 86 Plymouth Voyager--not exactly the kind of wheels that sets a young man's heart afire.)

11. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

how does locking the screen keep your kids for messing with the mouse or keyboard? I guess they couldn't wreak havoc on your files, that way, but they could still wreak havoc on your keyboard and mouse themselves.

As a child, my dad was very strict about my computer use. The ol' Mac SE is still in top condition. He is far more lax with my little brother.

But the real reason for this post, of course, is to say:

Happy birthday to MrMacman. 16 is a magical year--actually, not really. Have fun.

12. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Well they're not violent. I've never found my keyboard or mouse goobered up or damaged or anything. Yet. ;) They're just too damn curious. They like to push buttons and move the mouse around. Who knows what could happen if they're not under supervision.

When they are under supervision, sometimes I'll let them play around. Marilyn (the three-year-old) has discovered the buttons on my mouse that perform Exposé functions and finds it very entertaining to make the windows abruptly fly off the screen.

13. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

umm...I find that entertaining too...

14. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Thanks...

I've always wondered if there was a way to bind things like the Open cd tray key to launch a script that killed the screen saver lock...

It always baffled me how everything was locked expect sound, contrast and open Cd... and how no one ever had an exploit using them... ah well...

I got some good stuff, gamecube controller, a gamecube game... a digital camera which I will return... 2.0 Megapixels... thats frikken old... ech, you can't shoot anything with 2.0 megapixels... :(

15. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I've shot lots of good stuff with only 2 MP. The trick is to take things from a close or moderate distance and keep focus on your subject so that you aren't trying to push the limits too far past the camera's capabilities.

16. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah I think it autofocus... but I really need a 3 Megapixel atleast... I don't want the need to keep all of my shots at a close distance to me...