It's not breathing!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yarngrrl, Jul 2, 2005.

1. yarngrrl macrumors member

When my G5 iMac goes to sleep, it no longer "breathes" (light fade in and out). Does anyone know why or what prompts this? I changed some of my power savings settings a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't happen to notice if they coincided. It's not really a big deal, I just want to make sure it's not indicative of a problem.

2. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It's normal for the light to fade in and out. That indicates that the Mac is sleeping. Hence it has been called breathing.

4. yarngrrl thread starter macrumors member

No, it's just solid white. I should check first thing in the morning - maybe it's just delayed because of some setting I changed. Or maybe it has REM sleep and regular sleep :)

5. yarngrrl thread starter macrumors member

I know that's normal - it's not doing that anymore - that's why I'm concerned.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sorry I misunderstood. :eek: If it were mine I would give Apple a call or take it to a local Apple Store or reseller. Having it checked in person is easier IMHO. Good luck. ;)

7. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

8. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Probably not a problem, like on my my G4 ibook which crashes all the time if you nudge it, but for some reason you can't make it crash on purpose.

9. eyedoc_00 macrumors regular

When I put my iMac G5's moniter to sleep, it is a sold white light. When the hard drive is out to sleep if flashes.