Its October! What do you expect...

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Over Achiever, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

It's October! Rumors of new LCDs (10/1), new powerbooks(3rd week of October), new iBooks, new Apple digital lifestyle device...

What do you expect this month? What will be updated this month? What do you want this month?

Just a month long thread to funnel thoughts...:)

2. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i expect......

NOTHING muahahahaha jk jk, im not too sure, hopefully something tho, a month with nothing would suck :(

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

New Displays maybe... Probably powerbooks... maybe ibooks.. but probably not both.... No portable device.

4. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

A 19" iMac with a faster processor, faster memory, faster BUS speed, bigger hard drive and better video card. Duh.

:D :D :D

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

it's entirely possible we will only see one thing above mentioned that will come out...and maybe even after the month of october

the ibook and tibook could use some modest speed and ram bumps but that may come at mwsf in 2003

though i can't afford it, i would like to see apple make a superdrive tibook that goes 1 ghz:)

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The biggest news in October will be what ever IBM has to say about their new Power4 derived chip.....that will be the future of the Mac I think.

D

7. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

concidering its the morning of oct 1st....the powerbook rumors were probably fake of course...

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

what does october 1st have to do with that???

I don't get it

9. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i just heard rumors that products were gonna be released on oct 1st..geesh :S

10. TheFink macrumors member

Nothing new will come out this month. The deal on the displays is over. No new displays. If anything, Apple will pitch a new incentive deal and nothing more.

11. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

As a matter of factly people, don't be so sure of yourselves that nothing will happen. Nobody really knows, except a few people at Apple of course. ;)

12. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

you keep thinking that. how much would this 19 inch iMac go for? $2500? No one is going to pay over $2000 for an iMac and apple isn't stupid enough to release that. I understand the move to the 17 inch screen over the 15 inch, but why would apple go 19 inch just 6 weeks later?

tyler

13. blogo macrumors 6502

The problem with people here is that they don't have a sense of humor

14. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

This is all based on previous rumors. Like I said, no one really knows for sure. ;)

15. job macrumors 68040

job

It's been kinda quiet lately, so I'm not expecting much..

Maybe a modest iBook update..

16. TMJ1974 macrumors member

Where are the new displays

I am guessing that since there is no update yet, there will be none today :-(

Very dissappointed:(

I guess I will have to look at the current "old" displays, as I need to get one.

Tim

17. finchna macrumors regular

Perhaps a continuing move towards the computer as appliance. Wouldn't you rather watch your DVDs on a 19" vs. a 17" screen. Suppose at some point the base might change to support big screens--but that might be a different product line--moveable vs. less moveable screens (wall mount with wireless video?)/machines. Perhaps in the business place you could have a big wall mounted display that would allow multiple machines to display images in an organized fashion via wireless--share a variety of designs by different teams in a meeting, share ideas from remote locations, etc.--woops, way off topic and probably a bit into the future, but something we would use. Ciao,

Nathan

18. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

To answer a previous question:

October 1st was A: the first day Apple's last special on the displays wasnt valid. and B: the first day of Quarter 4

19. mr evil brkfast macrumors member

I am starting to think that we'll be seeing perhaps new screens before the end of the month, may a new digital device; but no new hardware until next year.

I know that's a sad prediction, but I think that we'll see some major upgrades some time next year.

that is of course if Apple wants to stay in business.

20. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

Faster iMac or faster PowerBook. Take your pick.

21. TheFink macrumors member

I think Steve will reveal what everyone knew he was hiding all along - iSuck.

22. pgwalsh macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

I'll pick faster PowerBook or update powerbooks. That thing needs an update. I'd like to see all most if not all of the product lines hit 1Ghz, but I'm wishing a little too hard. I'd be psyched for a 1 Ghz G3 iBook. That would be a no brainer. Big daddy desktop and a 1 Ghz ibook. You know IBM has it because it's listed on their site.

I predict product announcement on the 18th. Nothing to base this on, just a random guess.

23. vixapphire macrumors 6502

give me 1 gig powerbook or give me... more time to sit around carping about how apple is blowing b/c their laptops are outdated... ;-)

24. Mac2006 macrumors newbie

Next thing well know is yall will be wanting a 23" imac....think about it......not going to happen

25. UnixMac macrumors 6502

UnixMac

PowerBook NOW

Apple!

I am ready to spend $3500 today on a PB Ti with 167mhz bus, 1.0Ghz G4, DDR, DVD-R, ATI 9000......Build it and I'll buy it!!!

NOW!!!!