Its Official: Macrumors is bad for your grades

Discussion in 'Community' started by Greencardman, May 3, 2005.

1. Greencardman macrumors 6502

Grrrrr, I'm not getting anything done! Then again, its probably cause I keep surfing Macrumors. My studying is going so badly its not even funny. Anyways, just wanted to vent. Ok, what I really wanted to do is have a post with an "Its Official..." title, cause everyone rips on them for being so silly. But when I get my grades back and they're bad, it'll be official :)

Ok, going to go back to studying now, if I don't get distracted by the fact that its lunchtime....

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

It can be immensely distracting and tempting to just pop in, have a ferret around, read and post... especially when you have an unpleasant project to get done.

Because of installing software and my procrastination today, I'll have to stay in and get this work done instead of going to the pub to watch the football tonight.

Damn you all for being such entertaining and interesting posters.

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I think it can be said that this site is also not good for work productivity... I was suprised that our proxy here at work (nasty MS IAS) has not blocked it yet... Well back to looking productive.. :p

Im working full time as a tech geek and going back to school for my masters, i must be crazy anyhow..

Ed

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I know the feeling... when I'm stuck at my Master thesis it's very easy to visit MR instead... :eek:

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

I think my signature says it all in regards to my opinion on this...

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Speaking of which... GO LIVERPOOL! :)

7. iGary Guest

iGary

I love it for reading things like this:

"Have a little ferret around."

I'll speak Brit before you know it. :eek:

8. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Just to rub it in, I'm off to the pub right now! I'll have a pint of Guinness (or should it be a shot of vodka) in honour of you Blue ;) :p

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Cheers Munkle! *clink*
    I'll be listening to Radio 5Live.

(Have been known to have a pint of Guinness, I'll drink virtually anything 'cept gin) :)

10. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

If things go Liverpool's way tonight you might be grateful for this... ;)

11. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

It wears off on me too! Its fun to hear what the kids are saying "across the pond."

And of course all the "football" talk had me confused for a moment as well! ;) Although I am finding myself more interested in "soccer" all of the time. It's hard to find on in the States, but it's a very exciting sport! I try and watch whenever I can.

12. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Liverpool v. Chelsea is on ESPN 2 at 2:30 PM EDT (11:30 AM PDT)... 25 minutes from right now. Liverpool advances to the Champions League final with a win; Chelsea advances with a win or a draw (except a 0-0 draw, in which case I think they play another match).

13. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

This is the second leg, so it'll be extra time then penalties. And yes, I am going now! MR can also be bad for your social life as well as grades! :p

14. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

In the event of a 0-0 draw it goes into extra time of 15 minutes each way. If there's still no winner after this it goes to penalties – always fun if you're a neutral!

15. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

I will give it a watch! Thanks! Now I only have to decide who to cheer for.... ;)

16. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

SWEEEEEEEEET! Liverpool 1, Chelsea 0! Liverpool goes to Istanbul to face AC Milan or PSV Eindhoven...

17. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweet! I'm done! Yeah! Ok, now to binge on Civ III and the Newsroom Vol. 2 & 3. Picked em both up from the library today. How sweet is that, computer games from the library. Love it! Now only to fix my internet...

18. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Hhmm.. Just what I should be doing now.. :p

19. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

i graduated without to much problems, but yeah this is better than studying.

20. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Let's see, Mac Rumors or Spanish, Mac Rumors or Spanish. Man, I act like this is a tough decision or something...:p

21. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

sí, como no.

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

You would have it made if there was a Spanish section in Macrumors. Then you would be studying Spanish while reading and posting.

23. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I actually tried telling that to my Spanish teacher once, when there was a Spanish thread or something. He didn't buy it...