ITS OFFICIAL......NEW MAC RELEASE DATE

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by PlanB, Mar 10, 2004.

1. PlanB macrumors member

its official its within the next couple of days

cos i just got my g5 so there bound to start rolling out any day now....

i picked up the dual 1.8 with 2 gig and ati 9600

i also somehow managed to get a 17inch display for 175 gbp when they retail at 600gbp perfect condition
    it should see me through to the revisions (yum nice brushed alu 30inch please)

but im chuffed with the new dualie

so im offially not a windows user anymore i kicked it off my desk and replaced it with shinnnnyyyyy aluminium hehehehe

2. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Well, maybe not any day now.. but yeh, I would have waited two weeks...

Enjoy your new machine while you can, cuz when that dual 3.0 hits the streets.. you'll kick yourself.
    :p

3. photohead macrumors member

sounds really fishy...but not unheard of.>?? I hope it true though....Please do be lying ...that wouldn't be very nice.!!!!!

N

4. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

5. mpopkin macrumors 6502

mpopkin

i smell bull...., that is all i have to say, this person obviously paid for a ati 9600 with 2gb of ram. Evidence is that a base model g5 would never ship with 2gb of memory, and this unit is obviously a custom. Also apple would never lower the prices of its products that extreme, when the g5 was announced it only cut the price of the g4 by around $300-400 depending on model and that is less than 25% off the total price. This would represent an almost 75% drop which i guarantee you apple would not do, allow or permit in any way, Apple Resellers CANNOT sell apple products below price or else risk a lawsuit and immediate removal of apple reseller status and the right to buy and sell apple products. Go to compusa and ask a merchant if they can give you an educational discount(they will say no) or best buy(they will say no) see if they have changed the price yet(they have not) any of these factors it is clear that this post is complete nonsense, not to be believed or trusted. and if the poster reads this then he can learn 1) use proper english. 2) Don't lie 3) Buying a fake chinese product or another product stating that it is a g5 would be a stupid thing to do. 4) Think before you post. It is obvious that this is a custom job and not a market product and apple NEVER ships a new product before it announces it.

6. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Ok, for the cynicismally challenged:

What he is saying is that he bought a new machine. Now that he bought a new machine, Apple will release yet newER machines. Sort of like people saying that because they washed their car, it will now rain.

7. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

8. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I enjoyed the joke, but I really hate it when someone doesn't get the joke and goes off on the joker!

It was a just a JOKE MPOPKIN! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. clr900 macrumors regular

What are you talking about???

10. King Cobra macrumors 603

This thread is a classic.

Yet I have different luck: Every time I buy a Cube it gets discontinued days later. And I've only bought one so far.

11. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I'm just gonna ask cuz... uh.. i'm not sure.

WTF?

I strongly urge you to take your own advice.

12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Exactly. So few people are able to read English.

175 pounds for a 17 inch display seems wild but which display? I'm sure you could get a Studio CRT for that price certainly and they were certainly expensive from the start.

So, I take it that the computer went for everyday prices since it's unlikely to get a discount.

After buying a PowerBook years ago and finding that it was superceded only a couple of months later, I feel for anyone on the forced obsolesence path.

Welcome to the world of Macintosh!

13. JamesDPS macrumors regular

Gotta agree with cr2sh... hilarious thread tho!

... when the irony train just blows on by ...

14. JamesDPS macrumors regular

Gotta add on a related topic: I predict rain in Los Angeles soon.... (just trying to anti-jinx myself maybe)

15. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

God, let's pray not.. the high wind today kept our plane on the ground, rain would cripple us. I can't sit in this hotel any longer.

That's not even a joking matter....

How did this thread go so wrong? :confused: :D

16. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

You're crazy man. Since when has a dual 1.8ghz Mac been a new model? Read his post very carefully once again. And chill out.
    :cool:

17. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

This obviously further reinforces the rumor of new PowerMacs on the 23rd by about 53.1%, almost dead on certainty now. The question is whether new flat panels will accompany the faster towers.

18. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Pls indicate where improper English was used. If you knew proper English, you would know English takes a capital "E"... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-------------------

I quite get the irony: each time I buy an iBook, a spankin' new, spankin' faster one comes out. I've baught 2 iBooks... :eek: :D :D

My solution is to always wait for the newest and fastest computer before I buy a new one. I plan on buying a top of the line PowerMac Gsomething a couple of minutes before I die. My computer will thus never be superseeded. :p :p :p

19. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    You may be short, green and hundreds of years olds, but I think there is much wiseness in what you say. But I'm erring on the side of caution re: flat panels. Give them a 6 to 8 weeks after.

20. PlanB thread starter macrumors member

mpopkin you fairly strange individual

learn English????
    dont lie???

if you read 1) read my earlier post you will know that it isnt straight from apple....
    2) the screen was second hand and very very good price

thanks to the guys that understand irony

21. powermac macrumors newbie

I'm right there with you, man. I just got my dual G5 in last night, so I know the revisions will be posted soon. It doesn't matter because I'm blown away by my new mac....it SMOKES any computer I've ever seen. And it's sleek. And I'm getting used to only having one mouse buttom way more quickly than I thought I would.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my decision to switch! :D

22. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

so do i

23. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

i have to agree. . . when i got my iBook OSX was upgraded to jaguar like 2 weeks after i got it. when i got my PB the newer faster PB were released shortly after and then panther came out. unless you buy a computer like THE day it comes out, you are bound to be outdated in a few weeks or a month. its murphy's law

24. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Actually, not even close. Murphy's Law states exactly:

"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it."

I think the rule of a computer being outdated has its own "law", but I'm not sure what it's called. But it's definitely not Murphy's Law... :)