Its Official (well almost) New G4(5) comming soon.

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Backtothemac, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Hey, has anyone noticed that the shipping times for G4's are now at 10 days. We will have new G4's (pray for 5's) in the next 10 days. Wooo Hoooo!

2. -=AsukA=- macrumors member

how so?

How is it that just because there shipping in 10 days means new ones are comming B4 Macworld Tokyo?:confused:

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

a comparison

I guess it's the same philosophy as:
    24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case.....

what a terrible t-shirt.....ha ha ha..... :p

4. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Re: how so?

not to be a pedantic feminist... but, heck, i am. perhaps we could refrain from the rhetoric of sexual assualt in our enthusiasm for the new processor? many of you male macheads seem to care for your machines nearly as much as you do your mothers/sisters/daughters, and i think you would agree that such language is innappropriate.

just my 2 cents.

5. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

6. newmanium macrumors member

you shut your trap Crap_, i mean Mac_user...the poor lass is just giving her damn opinion and if you cant handle that kind of criticism go and find another thread you dirty bastard, you.

7. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Just observation. Why would there be a 10 day ship time now? These have been in the pipeline for a long time now. Also, the rebate on the displays ends on the 31st. And, historically, 10 days, means either new product already announced, or new product about to be announced.

8. KingArthur macrumors regular

I agree with newmanium (although I wouldn't use such flaming techniques). All people on these boards should respect others' opinions. I also applaud Cleo for standing up for her beliefs (and we all know that rape in this society should not be lightly taken).

And now for something RELATED to this thread:
    I doubt we will see the G5 until at least MW NY. It would be poor market planning to waste Apollo (unless Apollo is being developed for the iMacs). I personally expect to see 1Ghz systems (possibly duel processor) with 512Mb RAM, an 80GB-7200RPM HD, the newest nVida GeForce3 card, and a faster superdrive (maybe with another optical drive for direct CD copying). We might even see a faster ATA interface (ATA 133).

9. cornelius macrumors regular

Peace

Peace thats what we need here and in the whole freakin world. Solets pack a bowl, toke it, and puff puff away our angers and frustrations. fock,for cryin outloud we are talkin about computers here,we arent talking about social skills,or miracles. We should all chill out and let the people say all the bullchit that they want to say,even if it pisses you off.No one knows jack**** about apple plans or ideas,this is a rumor site,rumor,not facts. But true if you are going to post a rumor,try to read first and see if it makes sense. Cuz fock, i still lookin for the band nerd i know you are out there, and where is your freakin 1ghz tibook? uh?

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

good points

yeah.....I didn't think there was a reason he should have jumped on her @ss over her post...

11. kaisera macrumors member

Macmall

Just got off the phone with Macmall.

I want to order a DP 800, but since all these rumors abound, I have been waiting. A few days ago they were out of stock and now they have 49 units. Also, the sales person said they had no inidication of new PowerMac models coming out, she said maybe something at the next Expo (Tokyo).

Is MacMall reliable? Or is this just a case of a sales person trying to sell now?

kaisera

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've had good experiences with MacMall....but of course I was buying merchandise....

13. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

What???

I am sure you all know what the guy meant by "rape". He even had it in quotations! He meant it would strip it of all its glory and everyone would be like "power, the iMac was 'raped' from its power" C'mon, we dont need people saying that was not good to say. He didnt mean it in a bad way!

14. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

OT (sorry :) )

thank you to all of you who have demonstrated your humanity. mac_user, i'm sorry, but it is impossible (or at least indefensible) to use "rape" in a "good" way. a rapist strips a person of power, yes, but that is not a quality we should be glorifying. what the original poster (erm, sig-er) meant was that the new g5 would surpass the new imac in style and power. let's leave it at that.
    (that having been said... the presentation of the new g5's is going to have to be absolutely unthinkable in order to surpass that of the new imac... like it or not, that little white machine is industrial design at its best.)

15. jrob6716 macrumors newbie

Actuall we have 90 800DP'Z

Here is what we have left.
    961567 1 POWERMAC G4 800DP = 90

961566 1 POWERMAC G4 867 = 712

961565 1 POWERMAC G4 733 = 2597

To be honest with you, we have heard that there might be new CPU's but no one really knows until Steve says so.

Peace

J

16. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Re: Actuall we have 90 800DP'Z

who's "we"?

17. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Everyone's too friggin' sensitive. Including me! Shut up! Hey, I see you laughing over there... what? What was that? YOU again! I told you to shut up!

...and so on and so forth...

SOOOOO, in regards to the sexually-assaulted G4's, I think we will see one more generation of G4's before the G5's in July.

18. jrob6716 macrumors newbie

Macmall

I was responding to kaisera's post. I work at Macmall

J

19. j763 macrumors 6502a

Calm Down A Bit...

I think it's about time we all calm down a bit... I think that if someone is offended with anything posted here, the poster should remove it. I hope that Mac_user will change his signature... And, most importantly, people should be able to stand up for what they believe in, so good on you cleo.

20. oldMac macrumors 6502a

Asuka's Rape

Come on, Cleo.

Perhaps Asuka was using "rape" in its non-sexual definition?

That being said, do you think that Asuka likes to suck on a fag now and then? :)

21. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

G5

Horray G5's let kick som PC @ss

Not all who wander are lost.

22. midiman macrumors newbie

The G4 towers have been at 10 days est ship for 2 weeks now. I ordered one on 1/14(long story, but I had to order by 1/15 for my work to pay for it), and it has still not yet shipped. The apple store told me that the est. ship date was a "worse case scenario" and that mine should ship no later than mon 1/28. I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and any other extraneous appendages that it is speed-bumped.

23. Choppaface macrumors 65816

Re: Actuall we have 90 800DP'Z

wow

i would never have expected the distribution to be like that....are the 800s super popular or is the 733 have a hard time selling?

24. -=AsukA=- macrumors member

Re: Re: how so?

ok how about this...

"Have no fear the new G5's are comming, and will SEXUALY ASSUALT the new iMacs, in every way shape and form."

Heh! any way if you dont like im sorry ill change it for your feminest views, and even though it had nothing to do with any thing sexual, i mean come on this is a freacken computer rumors site!

25. jrob6716 macrumors newbie

distibution

The 733 is the most popular. It is the cheapest and sells more. Your average consumer doesn't spend $3500 on a CPU.

J