IT'S OFFICIAL!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Nov 3, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

2. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

I don't think this is anything to smile about... :(

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I will agree with this statement. The US has some issues to deal with. Some of the big ones (US and world economy, medical care costs, Middle East situation) started going south before Dubya took office. I do not believe that Gore could have done as good a job leading the country in the wake of 9/11 as Bush has done. Regardless of whether you feel that Kerry or Bush is [or is not] the man to lead the US, you have to acknowledge that the road to economic and political recovery will be long and arduous.

Hey, being President is hard work!

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I hope all of the fearful morons who voted for Bush also end up out of work.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yep, Bush gets to hold the soggy bag of crap that is Iraq for 4 more years!

8. HELLFISH macrumors newbie

How mature... :rolleyes:

:D Go Bush! :D

9. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Whya re you for Bush? What has he done in his first 4 year term?

10. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

Damn! Such a change from last night (GMT) when David Frum was seen looking very gloomy about his man's chances. This is awful news, awful. I do, however believe that Bush's second term will be weaker than his first, allowing a clear win for the Democrats in 2008.

11. sgarringer macrumors regular

Yes, how mature... Bush's policies on outsourcing jobs have lead me to loose one and the company I am working for is seriously considering moving my department to India for the tax benifits and for the benifits of paying them 1/10th the money I currently make ($16 an hour -- low already).

So what goes around comes around, and I hope all those fat-cat republicans (lets face it, most Bush voters either don't work and are fully vested in the stock market, or are very mis-informed pro war people) who live off their investments in the stock market loose their a$$es!

12. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

The only solution is to split the USA in half and democrates live one side and republicans live the other? What are you going to do? make voting republican illegal in future? Simplistic, but however you want to look at it, no one deserves to end up out of work as punishment for their political opinion.

The USA is Great and is whatever the party in power. The ruination of the USA will be the infighting that is stopping progression as a single nation.

You have to respect democracy else you can divide, take or be taken.

13. makisushi macrumors 6502

I am sensing a feeling of entitlement from you.
    Look, many of those fat-cat republicans own the companies that you work for, wishing for them to loose all their money doesn't help you get a higher paying job.

14. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Stopped the democrates doing what they would have done?

It all depends on your point of view. ;)

15. sgarringer macrumors regular

The company I work for is headquartered in jolly ol' England.

Irregardless, your point is moot, because if they loose their money then they'll just cut more jobs to India, and GW will exploit another tax hole to prevent them from having to pay their fair share.

He said it best with my favorite quote (not exact) "Why tax the rich, they'll just find ways out of it". Yes, lets not try something because it might be hard Mr. President.

16. mypantsaretight macrumors newbie

After carefully considering all of my available options (Nader was not on the ballot for my state), I did what any self-respecting progressive should have done.... I did not vote and I hoped fervently for chaos.

Mild chaos cameth in the voting in Ohio.

Major chaos cometh in the next four years. Now that it's official, and also official that the Democratic party is down 30+ seats in the house and 5 seats in the Senate, who exactly will the Republicans blame after four more years of failure? Better start working on that one now, because I sense that the odds are better than even money that we'll still be in Iraq. To bad all the gay marriage amendments were on the ballot this year.... maybe next time Republicans can redefine marriage to exclude interracial couples or maybe they could push for English-only in public places in the U.S. or maybe they could just declare George Bush the Messiah and skip the election. Those issues would certainly mobilize their base.

As to the Democrats.... all I can say is BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You lost to THAT FOOL? He can't tie his own shoes or speak in full sentences. Excuse me while I go laugh myself silly.

Off to find my draft card, since I'm out of toilet paper.

peace

17. mypantsaretight macrumors newbie

Out of work for their political views? Hell no. Corporations need slaves. No, I think it's simply fairest that all who voted for any pro-war candidate promptly line-up today at the recruiting office with their first born. I expect to see news clips tonight at supper so get moving.

"take or be taken" --- where'd you get that, the Bible?

I respect democracy. The U.S. is a Republic; it is most certainly NOT a democracy.

18. sgarringer macrumors regular

Hold on to your draft card, because in a few months you'll be needing it to check what your number is and see when its your turn to run to Iraq.

Not voting is not a valid excuse. I voted against Bush by voting for the only contender that shood a chance, Kerry.

Bush said it best himself "A dictatorship sure would be easier..."

19. sgarringer macrumors regular

If the US was a democracy, why would we not be counting the votes of Minorities in several states, swing states if you will.

Its not 1860 anymore Republican party. Time to move on.

20. mypantsaretight macrumors newbie

I don't need to worry about going to Iraq in some draft. Canada and the EU welcome conscientous objectors with open arms. Good thing I married my wife a few years ago, the dual citizenship I earned in the process may come in handy....

Excuse??? You all are getting exactly what you voted for and I find it hilarious. Excuses nothing.

Wise man once said: If God meant for us to vote, he would have given us candidates.

peace

21. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I really am amazed that so many Americans can turn a blind eye to washing away our rights, liberty and freedoms under this administration. I think the liberal Democratic party has a lot of work to do to find the middle. Same goes for the Right wing republicans. it was clear America is split by the numbers. I feel giving the whole govt to the republican party is a mistake but its the Democrats mistake for being so liberal and left while most America is in the middle or conservative. This was their election to loose and loose they did.

22. mypantsaretight macrumors newbie

By the way.... did anyone see the absolutely hillarious footage of Blair on the floor of the House of Commons congratulating the President......

of Afghanistan. ROFLMAO.

23. katchow macrumors 6502

why can't i find any news on kerry conceding? are you projecting?

oops, nevermind