It's time to move into Iran

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Jan 10, 2007.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

New York Times

I'm thinking that by Bush appointing Admiral Fallon to be the new commander of Central Command, and floating a carrier strike force over in the persian gulf, is a little too much just to be a coincedence.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Yeah, that would be a good move now that they have control over Iraq...

...oh, wait... :rolleyes:

3. Queso macrumors G4

Pretty transparent scare tactic designed to get Congress to provide the extra funding Bush wants.

Does Bush honestly think the USA is the only country allowed to have an agenda? Countries do this all the time, even the USA.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

eventually, US will leave, and iran and syria would still be there, so, how on earth does he think Iraq will not be with iran finally?

5. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

I can't wait to c us takeover over the whole world... oops, wasn't that the last bits of the Roman Empire back in the good ole days? :eek:

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

when you say "us" I take it your referring to the corporations?

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Please explain what you are actually trying to say.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm assuming, based on previous comments, that he means we're about to fall just like the Roman Empire did.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Well, he's certainly no Gibbon.

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm so happy we're planning to engage in battle in three different Middle East countries. :rolleyes: :mad:

If this were any other guy in the President's office, I might actually buy the explanation that we have to go to yet another country to cut off the supply line to the terrorists. But then, if this were any other guy, we wouldn't be involved in this disaster at all, of course.

11. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

12. Queso macrumors G4

I think more countries should be shaped like the first letter of their name. Makes them easier to find on a map. :)

13. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Yeah, but on the other hand, if they attack Iran, too. All the engaging lands will be connected, and when you play Risk, that is always an advantage...

:rolleyes:

14. Queso macrumors G4

Something tells me Buckaroo was more George's thing :p

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

So we have Iran incursions into Iraq and supplying shaped charges for roadside bombs and a Nuclear Weapons program. I also imagine that Iran would love to try some of those new missiles that fly underwater and Bush has moved a Carrier group into the region and then we heard about the Chineese sub that was following a carrier group and they had no clue it was there. None. Iran & China are doing Oil deals. Then Iran has Kilo class subs and its new missile, what better way to embarass the US then by sinking a carrier?

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wouldn't it just be easier to change the name of the countries to match the shape?

For example, Jitaly.

17. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Wow. Does the U.S really want a wider conflict?

the u.s goes into Iran and the Middle East will become even more unstable, with countries siding with Iran and of course, including terrorists.

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Would that be this guy:

[​IMG]

Or this one?

[​IMG]

The ~70% minority of us don't, but the ~30% majority that thinks Bush was either put into power by God or the stock market still thinks he has a shot to win this. Or at least, hopes he can. Of course, there's faith, and there's being completely oblivious to how bad things are.

Even a small majority of our own troops are against it, as are a majority of the Generals, but GW is going to do what he wants regardless of what anyone else says in a vain and desperate attempt to save what's left of his legacy.

19. Queso macrumors G4

Iortugal is another one. Croatia sort of has it right already :)

20. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Iran Mania

21. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Yeah, nukes in mid-east is a bad thing, and we should do everything we can to keep them out of there. Which is the reason we (as in: rest of the world) should invade Israel ASAP. According to experts, Israel has about 200 nuclear warheads. Obviously, we can't a menace like this to continue. I mean, if Iran is under a threat of invasion because they have a research program that might allow them to develop nuclear weapons sometime in the future, then surely a country that has large cache of nuclear weapons as we speak should be invaded and occupied ASAP? Then we have the case of Pakistan and India as well....

Or do we have double-standards at play here?

Is he trying to be funny or something? Iraq was relatively stable before USA got involved. Now it's a chaotic hell-hole. And who is USA telling Iran to "keep their folks at home", when USA has hauled their army to the opposite side of the globe?

Hey USA: Please don't destabilize rest of the world: Keep your folks at home, mmmmkay?

22. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

We're trying. Our leaders aren't listening. Sorry in advance if we destroy you. If it makes you feel any better, those of us paying attention enough to care will write some angry letters. When we get some time.

23. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I hope this whole situation in the Middle East will end the era of Pax Americana. I think it is time for a change. If GWB is nuts enough (I think he could do another excursion to Iran by making up any reason as he has already demonstrated his extreme competency in doing so before the current Iraq war), this could happen before the end of his term.

24. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

George has now told the troops to kill any Iranians in Iraq and treat them as Al-Queda:eek: Its just a matter of time. I wonder if they will bring back the draft for this one or just use an Air Campaign.
    I must wonder though if George has ever thought about controling the border? For some reason BushCo dont seem to understand border control at all. He's doing as good as job on the Iraq/Iran border as he is on the U.S./Mexican Border. Amazing.

25. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Go into Iran? What with? Bluster is all well and good, if you can back it up. If we need a "surge" in Iraq to control Baghdad and maybe the border with Iran, with what would we "go in"?

Besides, Iran has enough internal troubles. Too much money spent on nukes and Hezbollah, and not enough on other civilian infrastructure. Inflation is a problem, particularly with food prices. Apparently, a fair percentage of the people are a bit fed up with all the saber-rattling.

'Rat