iTube - Anyone use this?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sigamy, Nov 17, 2004.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2003
    NJ USA

I just found this by accident. It looks like software that connects you to a bunch of internet feeds of TV programming.

I had been thinking about getting an external TV card. But they are expensive and I have Directv so there are other issues. I just want to catch the news or a show here and there. Would this iTube work for that?

Is anyone using it? Any reviews? And is there any real reason to pay for this, are they just grabbing existing QT streams from the host web sites?
  2. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Judging by their "list of channels" I'd say this program isn't worth it. I'd say all those are probably available on the internet for free if you look hard enough.
  3. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    My Dad bought one - he loves it. Yeah, if you wanted to you could dig around and find most of the channels on your own but it would take some serious Google-ing. If you have the time to poke around go for it - if you, like my Dad, have better uses for your time spend the $24.00 and get this.
  4. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    well, it looks like all the information on there you can find yourself, but if you have a life like me and want access to those 1500 channels without having to do the heavy lifting $24.99 ain't a bad price. all you are buying is time.
  5. davidwes macrumors regular

Dec 28, 2004
    just updated

this program had just been updated. Would love to hear some more reviews