iTune Music Store Problems

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Flynnstone, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

I tried to download a book last week. I managed to get 3 of the 4 parts to the book. I got an error -504 I believe.
    Now it says I have downloaded everything.
    There doesn't appear to be any way to contact the iTMS. The only thing I've found is to "Send a comment".
    I'm very ticked :mad:

Anyone else having these problems?
    Any ideas on a solution?

2. Flynnstone thread starter macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

3. zim macrumors 65816

zim

I have had this happen before, actually twice. Just email apple, you can find their reply email on the iTunes page (on apple's site). Just fill out the form and tell them what happened. Both of my situations were resolved within a day or so by granting me the ability to re-download the file.

They have never offered a reason as to why it happens, could be network glitch who knows. I am just happy that they have always responded and given the goods that were due.

Oh and I have 488 tracks from iTMS so I think having only two errors is pretty good.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Agreed. Email iTunes and they'll get back in touch and get you sorted out.

I had trouble with 3 songs from one album being badly encoded and they not only fixed the file and let me download the tracks again but refunded the price. :)

5. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

That's great news!

To the original poster... email apple and be polite - that's your best bet. Another thing you can do (if you haven't tried this already) is to do as follows (quoted from apple site) - and it will usually work (even if you get an error and don't just quit / restart):

"If you quit iTunes or restart your computer before a purchase has finished downloading, the download should resume at no additional cost the next time you open iTunes. If it doesn't resume, choose Advanced > Check For Purchased Music. "

6. Flynnstone thread starter macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

I've tried "choose Advanced > Check For Purchased Music. "
    It says that all music has been downloaded.
    I've sent email to Apple twice. No response.
    I believe I was polite. Hard to judge a readers reaction with text.

7. Flynnstone thread starter macrumors 65816

Flynnstone