iTunes 11.0.2 - Available podcasts are now all marked as Unplayed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wlow3, Feb 19, 2013.

1. wlow3, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

macrumors regular

I upgraded to iTunes 11.0.2 and I noticed that my Unplayed Podcast count in the sidebar has jumped from 80 to over 650, so then I looked to see what's up and evidently iTunes now has marked all Available podcasts (i.e., podcasts available for download but not yet downloaded) as Unplayed podcast, which means that they all get the blue dot now - even the ones that I have not downloaded.

Then I decide to download a podcast (by clicking on the respective downward arrow by the title) to see if that resets anything and it doesn't work. Instead, the blue dot is replaced by a circle with an exclamation point with no further explanation. What a buggy piece of *****.

Anyone else having problems like this?

Edit:

Now I'm getting podcasts to download but making the Unplayed count essentially a podcast "Available" count makes the count all but worthless.

I can also right click and mark these available podcasts as "Marked as played." What a mess.

2. macrumors 68040

Podcast handling 11.0.2 was totally unworkable for me so I backdated to 11.0.1.

3. macrumors member

I entirely agree.

I'm sure it is a bug that will be fixed in the next update.

4. macrumors 68040

Interestingly, there was a silent update overnight. Installed version as seen in "about iTunes" was 11.0.2 (25) and is now 11.0.2 (26) which seems to solve this on the 2 computers I've tested.

5. macrumors member

Is there a way to force this "silent" update to happen? I still have rev 25 …

6. macrumors 68040

I just redownloaded from Apple and ran the installer. I don't think there's a way to get it to update automatically.

7. macrumors member

Yes. I already forgot that we can still download manually, without Software Update / AppStore ;-)

8. macrumors 6502