iTunes 11.01 STILL not updating appsfrom iPhone!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by photographypro, Dec 14, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Is anyone else having this problem, or am I the only one?

This started with iTunes 11, and continues with the current version of 11.01.
    If I update an application on my iPhone 4S, and then connect it to my late 2011 MacBook Pro, the updated apps are not updated in iTunes. I changed no settings when I went from the old version of iTunes to iTunes 11. And when the new version of iTunes came out today, 11.01, I thought the problem would go away.

My wife and I have two iPhones and an iPod touch that all sync to the same account, and after downloading a large update, I would really not like to have to re-download apps a second time.

Anyone know the fix for this? :confused:

2. thread starter macrumors regular

No one has this problem?

I can't believe almost 900 people have read this thread, and not a single response! A simple reply with "I don't have this problem" would be wonderful.

3. macrumors newbie

Yes I have this issue too

but ni idea what the fix is I''m afraid :mad:

4. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Have you gotten hold of Apple? iTunes transfers apps from my iPhone readily enough.

5. macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Same problem since iTunes 11

I just right click on device and select transfer purchases
    or
    File -> Devices -> Transfer Purchases

Wish it was automatic like previously

6. macrumors 6502a

izzle22

No I do not have this problem. iPhone 5 and iPad Mini sync apps perfectly over wireless sync. Sometimes it takes a little while for one or both to show up in iTunes but they always sync properly.

7. macrumors 6502a

nightlong

I find the whole situation with iTunes 11 and ipad4/iphone5 really unclear. Backing both up to MacBook Air, sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't, it's really a mess. I backup ipad2 to my iMac, still running snow leopard, it's automatic, you can see what is going on, and it always happens.

8. macrumors 65816

I don't have this issue.
    Updated iTunes to the latest version today. I can wirelessly sync my iPhone and it updates the apps in iTunes.
    Works fine for me.