iTunes 11 and TV Show Seasons Artwork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rudini, Nov 29, 2012.

1. macrumors member

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4554376?tstart=0

That user was able to word my question perfectly.
    Anyone else having this issue?

-rudy

2. macrumors member

Looks like a design choice to me. iTunes 11 combines all the season for the same TV show into one grouping (which I like) but it chooses to use the first season as the artwork for all seasons. It's a big strange. It would be cool if as you scrolled down and past season 1, it would change to season 2's artwork.

----------

Ah, I see. Even when you click "Season 2" within that TV show, it keeps the artwork for Season 1.

3. chas0001, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012

macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I think the artwork thing is a bug. Why have artwork for individual seasons when you cannot show it.

Also as reported after watching an episode in a season other than number 1 when its finished it displays season 1 again. Whats strange is that if you play e.g. Season 4 Episode 10, after playing it highlights Season 1 Episode 10.

4. macrumors newbie

I agree it's not a good look. I'd like the idea for a series cover photo then when you expand it becomes the respective season posters. As it is it irks the hell out of me

5. macrumors regular

Is the grouping of TVShows finally this: TVShow->SeasonX->Episode01e01, Episode0102 etc...? I haven't updated yet but thought the old grouping of tv content was silly. I mean the Season by Season one.

6. macrumors regular

Yeah, it is. Apple finally fixed that, so each season is listed as if it were its own TV show. When you click on a TV show, the information is displayed as well as links to each season you own along the top (check out this image to see how it looks). The problem with it is that it only adopts the artwork for the first season and applies it to the entire show. So when you click on season 2, the artwork for season 1 remains. The artwork for the other seasons is still there (Apple TV still sorts TV shows the same way it always did and if you use Get Info, the artwork is there), but it doesn't display within the library anymore.

Hoping Apple fixes this soon.

7. macrumors 6502

With iTunes 11, the 1st season artwork was the default for both the mail view as well as when you expanded to show the episodes. When viewing the episode listing, regardless of the season, you'd see just season 1 art.

However, I just updated to iTunes 11.0.2 and there has been a change. Now, you see the MOST RECENT season's artwork in both views.