iTunes 11 Drag and drop gone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xSinghx, Nov 30, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

xSinghx

Is it my imagination or is Drag and drop now no longer available to use to drag and drop albums to my iPod or iPhone? I'm not a fan of sync lists etc.

Thanks,

Peter

2. macrumors G4

Chundles

When you start dragging something a bar slides in from the side with your devices and playlists.

It's pretty cool.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

xSinghx

I see. Thanks.

Too bad that doesn't work with playlist view though. I would like to be in Genre view but I can't figure out if there's a way to turn off the track info so i just have the album art showing.

The album art with the track info makes mile long lists with my large collection. Using playlist view I can collapse the track info by selecting grid view. Any idea if this can be applied to genre view?

4. Mal
    macrumors 603

Mal

Hmm, doesn't look like it. Maybe try submitting feedback and see if they'll add that? I'd like it too.

jW

5. macrumors 6502

Drag and drop is working for me for playlists. It just doesn't drag the entire bar with it.

6. Mal
    macrumors 603

Mal

I was talking about the different views in the Genre section.

jW

7. macrumors newbie

I had the same issue, but you just have to make sure, if you're on the Artist view list, you're dragging into the all artist column (the one in between)

8. macrumors 68000

panda bear

Does anyone know if the drag and drop to add an album to your library is gone or if there's something I have to do differently for it to work?

I used to add a new album to my music folder on my external HD, then drag and drop it into iTunes.

I can't do that anymore.

Now, I have to go File > Add to Library and browse for the album and add it that way.

9. macrumors newbie

Drag and drop is still there

I was annoyed too, because I use different playlists for our different iOS devices... but you can turn things back on.

Click View, then "Show Sidebar". Enjoy!