Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
I upgraded to iTunes 11 a few days ago accidentally. The new version found my library, but all my playlists are gone. I always keep a backup of my playlists just in case, but I cannot figure out where to place my backups for iTunes 11. There is no clear cut "Playlists" folder much less any playlist file creation going on when I make a custom playlist in iTunes populated with songs. I've been going back and forth through Google to no avail. I have zero back data about any of the songs, meaning I have no play or import history, I have no rating history and have no playlists. I had over 20 playlists...

This is very frustrating to say the least and I have no way to downgrade to my previous version.

IzzyJG99

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
Not sure, but you can import playlists.

File>Library>Import Playlist. That should add a Playlist tab in your library.

IzzyJG99

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
Also if you turn the "Sidebar" on under "View" that gives a more traditional look to iTunes along with a button to create playlists.

Yujenisis

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2002
Also if you turn the "Sidebar" on under "View" that gives a more traditional look to iTunes along with a button to create playlists.

You can bring back much of the previous iTunes 10 "standard" interface by doing what is suggested above alongside enabling the Status Bar:

View > Show Status Bar​

Ah, much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.