iTunes 11 headache

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SwitchFX, Dec 17, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Sep 10, 2009
    I upgraded to iTunes 11 a few days ago accidentally. The new version found my library, but all my playlists are gone. I always keep a backup of my playlists just in case, but I cannot figure out where to place my backups for iTunes 11. There is no clear cut "Playlists" folder much less any playlist file creation going on when I make a custom playlist in iTunes populated with songs. I've been going back and forth through Google to no avail. I have zero back data about any of the songs, meaning I have no play or import history, I have no rating history and have no playlists. I had over 20 playlists...

This is very frustrating to say the least and I have no way to downgrade to my previous version.
  2. macrumors 6502

Oct 26, 2007
    Not sure, but you can import playlists.

File>Library>Import Playlist. That should add a Playlist tab in your library.
  3. macrumors 6502

Oct 26, 2007
    Also if you turn the "Sidebar" on under "View" that gives a more traditional look to iTunes along with a button to create playlists.
  4. macrumors 6502

May 30, 2002
    You can bring back much of the previous iTunes 10 "standard" interface by doing what is suggested above alongside enabling the Status Bar:

View > Show Status Bar​

Ah, much better.