Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nharrietha

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2012
Canada
Looking forward to the revamped store experience, that's about the extent of my excitement though. I've always used the "List view" and will continue to do so in iTunes 11, so it's not really much of a change for me.

dumb

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2009
Hopefully, finally, we will be able to Queue songs like every other music player in the universe. Why this feature was missing since day one is beyond my comprehension.

dumb

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2009
Wirelessly posted

BRLawyer said:
dumb said:
Hopefully, finally, we will be able to Queue songs like every other music player in the universe. Why this feature was missing since day one is beyond my comprehension.

Isn't that what iTunes DJ is all about?

Not exactly. It would be more like What new iTunes offers. add a song to the playlist, edit playlist as you go. Basically decide what plays next after the current.
iTunes DJ isn't as feature rich or as flexible. Up next seems impressive already.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I'm looking forward to enjoying my music again. iTunes has become more of a music management app instead of one that allows you to enjoy it. It's like having bins full of vinyl that you never listen to because you don't remember you have it or you just can't decide what to listen to beyond the same few artists you always listen to.

Bring on tomorrow!

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
I'm mostly happy, besides about the layout cleanup and better space management, about the return of an emphasis on album art

biggest gripe for me was up until 9, we could have large 600x600 album art; then with 10 we could only pick "large" which was a small icon. Ridiculous.

kpress3

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
"End of October..." does this mean literally October 31? Who knows. Thought for sure they would announce it at the keynote today.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
does the new iPad require iTunes 11? they would surely release it around that time frame at last ...

it always seemed odd to me that they didnt release a beta

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
the update for the ibooks app isn't out yet so i'm still hoping we're getting the itunes update too at the same time!

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
I'm actually looking forward to the new iTunes… the mini player is a great idea and they're not getting rid of the old-style list view, which I will likely continue to use.

I am, however, with you on the iPad Music app. I wish they had been kind enough to give us an option, because it performs so poorly with my music library and iTunes match, it's a total bitch to use. Not to mention the album cover mode is a terrible way to browse and skim your library if you have more than a reasonably sized library.

I love list view on my iTunes and use it more than the other viewing options. I'm glad that they're giving us the option to use the list view, instead of getting rid of it, which is what I thought they would have done. I don't like the iPad Music app either, I liked the old layout better (the one before ios5).

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
If it doesn't come out later today, it may come out on Thursday as they have a conference call then and have previously released software after those events (like OS X 10.7 & 10.8). Otherwise I have no clue... why is it taking them so long?

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
they just rolled out a big update for final cut, compressor, etc. i'm praying for itunes coming soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.