iTunes 11 starts playing music - all by itself!

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by colinwil, Dec 2, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I have a mac mini which runs, headless, as a Mountain Lion Server. Among other things it's used as an iTunes server for the Apple TV, so iTunes is always running on it in the background in case anyone want to watch a movie.

Since installing iTunes 11 we've noticed that it suddenly starts playing music at random. The mac mini doesn't have a screen or keyboard so its not as if someone has accidentally hit 'play' - you'd need to remote onto it. It seems to be doing it all by itself.

Anyone else noticed anything like this?

2. thread starter macrumors member

Well whatever it was it seems to have been fixed in the 11.01 update. Phew!

3. macrumors 68040

MattG

I realize this is an old thread but, I'm having the exact same problem. I have a Mac Mini in my entertainment center. I use it for streaming media to my Apple TV. Every so often, I'll come in here to find it playing music, when I never told iTunes to do that. It messes with my play counts, my Last.FM scrobbling...it's driving me nuts and I don't know what I can do about it.

4. macrumors member

Nothing is fixed.
    I have this problem on my iphone 5S, with ios7
    If I end a call in the middle of leaving a voicemail to a call I made the music starts as soon as I end the call, and it goes right into my bluetooth earpiece so I cannot ignore it.