iTunes 11: What no Podcasts sync?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cflem, Nov 29, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Or am I missing this - what a missed opportunity to do this.

was a big deal to keep all iOS Podcasts apps synced - and with all the iCloud built into iT11, we couldn't do that?

seems strange - maybe I'm missing a check box somewhere?

lemme know!

2. macrumors newbie

iTunes 11 was supposed to address this issue, however I can't find it either. The iTunes 11 page on Apple's website even touts this is a iCloud feature. I'm just not sure how to get it working.

3. macrumors member

4. thread starter macrumors member

Where exactly? And all my podcasts from my ipad will sync in?

5. macrumors member

Under general, not sure if you have to resubscribe or at minimum sync a device?:cool:

6. macrumors regular

If you connect your device you can set the options for syncing podcasts.

However, there is one big problem, unless I'm missing something. Playlists are in the music option, so you can't make playlists that include podcasts. I make a playlist for my car that includes only podcasts. That's how the iPod interface in my car works. It has to be a playlist. If there is a workaround for this that someone has figured out, please post it.

7. macrumors member

If you ctrl click on the podcast you can add it to any playlist or create a new one. That what your looking for?

8. thread starter macrumors member

I think you guys are missing my point...

I am talking about automatic iCloud syncing of all my podcasts like on iOS..

If i add a podcast to my iphone - it shows up automatically on my ipad - and vice-versa...

they are always in sync automatically via icloud in the Podcasts app.

9. macrumors member

I have never had much luck with the auto-download and syncing Podcasts between IOS devices. Seems to me you actually have to open the podcast app to make that happen. I usually just listen on my Iphone so I dont worry about the Ipad. In my opinion the Podcast app needs some more work in IOS. It's a little wonky the way it still shows the podcast downloading in IOS Itunes before it shows up in the podcast app.

I agree the world would be a better place if you could just subscribe and all your mobile devices and macs/PC's running Itunes 11 were magically synced!

10. thread starter macrumors member

on iOS devices they do - you should check it out...

pretty neat - and a missed opportunity here.

11. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Subscriptions won't sync, but playtime does. It's designed to start it on one device and pick it up within iTunes or vice versa.

12. macrumors regular

The play times do sync not sure if I added a podcast in itunes would it show up in the app or not.

Not adding continuous play for podcasts was surprising since that's how it works in the app. Think it's silly we still have to create a playlist for podcasts Also the individual podcast sort order the app has would be nice too

13. macrumors regular

Yes! Thanks. I used to just drag them to the playlist but the playlists are not displayed on the same screen as the podcasts with the new format. The other issue I was having was that the podcast playlist was not showing up in my playlists available to sync to the iPod, but now it is.