iTunes 2 logo

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by TheT, Jan 7, 2003.

1. TheT macrumors 6502

After seeing that even Steve Jobs has a blue iTunes logo in his dock (yes, in todays keynote), I just noticed again how ugly that iTunes 3 icon is. So, does anybody still have iTunes 2? I really want that icon back :D

2. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

did 10.1 come with itunes 2? if so you could extract the itunes package with pacifist or osxpm(i think) and take out the icons. i forget if 10.1 came with 1 or 2, but i'm too lazy to do any checking. i missed the part of the keynote where steve talked about ilife, will itunes be updated soon, or is it staying as is?

3. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I think it was just the angle, cause the apple blue background looked purple to me and I saw that icon to, it was weird, but it was just the angle and the poor colour

5. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

They'll have to

They'll have to update iTunes sometime to provide support for [new Qucktime audio format] and Redezvous support. (damn Apple for using hard-to-spell words...)

6. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

hopefully the update will change the icon color (they managed to pick a particularly hideous shade of purple). they have to change the look of the widgets at least, in addition to the enhancements dukemeiser mentioned.

7. TheT thread starter macrumors 6502

iTunes is staying as it is now, at version 3 without any update :(
    But thanks for the pacifist tip, I was abel to extract iTunes with it. On my 10.1 CD, it's iTunes 1 though :eek: But I'm sure I'll find a newer version that has iTunes 2 with it.

8. TheT thread starter macrumors 6502

Update: iTunes 2 came with MacOS 10.1.2, so now I got that icon. Thanks for your help :)