iTunes 3 OS X Exclusive?!?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ArtMan617, Jul 20, 2002.

1. ArtMan617 macrumors regular

I didn't realize it until I just got onto Apple's site and was about to download iTunes 3, but it's OS X exclusive! Don't get me wrong, I love OS X and I would use it exclusively if it supported my MIDI stuff (which is why I'm getting Jaguar) but what is Apple going to do about the users who can't even run X on their computers? This is just one more step Apple is making towards X, and while it's certainly justified, they could have at least given those of us stuck in 9 a little update as well...also, one quick question...does anyone know how to share playlists between OS 9 and X (iTunes 3 in X and iTunes 2 in 9)?

-ArtMan617

2. swahilibill macrumors 6502

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

I don't think we'll see an OS 9 version of iTunes. I mean, look at iPhoto. Did it ever get an OS 9 version? Apple obviously wants to really start pushing people to use the new OS. It may seem bad for OS 9 users, but I think it's excellent for Apple, since they get a lot of profit and OS X (10.2) users.

4. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Yes, he said that right in his keynote speech if I remember correctly. Well if you're getting Jaguar then it'll be bundled with it, so no worries... you can wait a month right? :D There's not that huge a difference between 2 and 3 anyway...