iTunes 3 Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MacKenzie999, Aug 30, 2002.

1. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

Hey folks...

I've got a small problem with iTunes 3. I cannot change the song title, artist info, etc., from within iTunes. I can delete files, I can change the actual file names at the finder level, but I cannot change the way iTunes displays them.

I have quite a bit of time invested in keeping songs organized within iTunes so I'd rather not just trash the whole app and start over again. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

G4/466/10.15 (until .2 shows up next week)

-Mike

2. bombensington macrumors regular

right click (or cmd-i) on the song, go to "get info" and click on the "tags" tab.

or have you been able to do it before and somehow now you cant?

3. MacKenzie999 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I'm aware of the process, it's just now no longer an option. Trying to click in any of the fields doesn't create an insertion point for text, you cannot type in any of the fields. Odd. I've done this many many times (I have an iPod so I'm pretty meticulous about organizating my music).

4. bombensington macrumors regular

sorry, thats beyond my minimal expertise. i thought maybe for some reason you just didn't know how, then i could have helped.

i know what you mean about organizing for the ipod - it makes everything so much easier!

wish i knew more so i could help you out, sorry! :(

5. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Try re installing iTunes..... I've never seen that problem before so I'm not sure if that will work, though.

Good luck in your attempts:)