iTunes 3 problem.

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by pepeleuepe, Dec 12, 2002.

1. pepeleuepe macrumors 6502

I just upgraded to OS X.2.2 on my iBook SE 366mhz. I am very impressed with how well the system runs on a slightly outdated machine and love the whole new system redesign.

My only problem with OS X is that when I play my mp3's on the new iTunes they sound really thin and crappy. Almost like I'm playing a crappy old tape or something. I know it's not a problem with the files because when I plug my mp3 player (unfortunately not an iPod since I don't have a firewire port) directly into my speakers the mp3's sound fine.

Everything sounded fine in OS 9, and the problem isn't solved by running iTunes 2 in Classic mode either.

I tried turning off some of the options in the Effects section in the iTunes 3 preferences, like I read in another thread I think, but nothing seemed to help.

Any help would be appreciated, if anyone needs anymore information on my problem, let me know.

Thanks. :)

2. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Are you talking about playing them through the internal speaker? That model iBook has only one internal speaker, and it isn't very good. Try fiddling with the equalizer settings in iTunes to find a better mix.

Regards,
    Gus

3. pepeleuepe thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I'm playing them through Klipsch Promedia 4.1 speakers, so the speakers shouldn't be the problem. I've tried messing with the equalizer through the Klipsch speakers and it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks though

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Have you run the Carbon Sound update yet? It's in your Software Update and worth a shot.