iTunes 3 wont download

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by DavPeanut, Aug 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavPeanut macrumors 6502

Hi, I'm back, if anyone missed me. I was away for thepast three weeks, and when I get back, I find we have no new powermacs, just a 20 gig iPod and a 17" iMac.

anyway, I went to download iTunes 3 from apple, I enter the info, press download and noting happens. iTunes three does not show up when I go to Software Update either. Please help.

2. DavPeanut thread starter macrumors 6502

Also, will I have to pay $129 for OS 10.2? If so, I'm in trouble because my parents wouldn't pay that for the upgrade, which would make it hard for me to do just about anything.

3. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

i don't want to be a jackass but someone has to say it.

1. get a job
    2. your parents shouldn't be paying for your computer software
    3. how does 10.15 prevent you from being productive ?
    4. see number 1

I hope the trip was fun.. try veriontracker or another site for iTunes...

stay cool.

C-

4. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Hey cool it D0ct0rteeth! The kids only 15! Look at his profile. Duh. :p

edit: I mean 14.

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Dav, I got the same error with Mozilla, no error. :p

I suggest using a different browser. Mozilla is still in the works. Are you even using Mozilla?

This may be a one time deal. But se if it works with IE or OmniWeb, if that's on your computer.

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Works fine under ie 5.2.1 with all the latest updates for OS X (10.1.5). I suggest you dump the alternate browser for the download and just use ie.

Hey shrek, being 15 is NO excuse for not having a job. I was already working by that age, so the "get a job" suggestion is 100% valid. You want something, work for the money to purchase it. Is that so difficult to understand?? :p

If he is still in school, he can probably pick up OS X 10.2 via the education store, and spend less money that way. :rolleyes: I swear, kids these days have zero imagination or problem solving capabilities. :p :D

Oh, and Queenie, you need to empty your message box... :p

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

Roger that, Hornytech. Ready for [PM] reception. :eek: :eek: :p :p

8. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

'bout bloody time, ya punk. :eek: :p :D :cool:

9. DavPeanut thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm 14. I'm not leaving 9th grade but going into it. Also, there are about zero jobs for 14 year olds. I can only babysit and walk dogs. I've offered my webdesign skills to people, but they either didn't need it, already could do it, or were paying someone else to do it.
    For the educational store, my school isn't registered with apple for parents to get discounts. I freaking ran my middle school network. They had two guys getting 60k per year who sat around until there were problems, at which point they would come to the class I was in and take me to the problem so I could fix it. They ran 8.6 because the wanted to use At Ease. I tryed to get them to change but it was used in all 186 schools in the county. I didn't want to get in trouble for hacking the network, so I couldn't just go and change the OS on all 10000 computers remotely. I have a cable connection at home and I get 150k/sec. so I dont use the school comps to download stuff.
    About the Mozilla, I was using IE because I never need anything else.

10. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Yes, even I couldn't get a job at 14. And neither could my bro. And it's difficult, if not impossible, to get a job at 15, especially one that pays you well; it's usually minimum wage. ;)

Be :cool:. Leave the kid alone. :)

11. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

I must say, it is very hard to get a job at 14 now. When I was that age it was near impossible for me to get a job (worked at the library), and it stayed that way till I was 16. It really looks like he's searching for one also, so give him a break. Dav, stay on the tech support for your school. I did it for free for a while, and they loved it so much that they paid me to do it, and took a class off a day for it. I was the only person in my highschool who didn't have 7 classes a day. Keep at it, and you will get hired.

BEN

12. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

When you get out into the real world you will find that you [typically] don't get to pick and choose the job you take.

For the record, at 14-1/2 you can legally work in MA, which I was doing back then. I got a job pumping gas, where they did pay more then minimum wage. This was back when full service was still commonly available. I also got cash tips from people, since that is how things were done back then.

I am certain that you could get a job at a fast food joint, if you tried even just a little (put some effort into it ya twit :rolleyes: ). You won't get any sympathy from me, especially since you are still leaching off of your parents. Have them give you an allowance (for doing work around the house), save that up and purchase 10.2 yourself.

It's NOT that hard to think up ways to earn money. IF you want to have it bad enough that is.

13. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

14. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I am 15 and hold down 2 jobs:

1) My dads work on holidays and weekends, IT work etc..
    2) PC World Tuesday & Thursday (just got the job on Friday) working with people looking to buy Macs and making sure they are behaving themselves (The Macs not the people)

Ensign

15. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Yes, but you don't live in Maryland. And this guy is really 14 1/2.

16. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

ummmmm... NO! muahahahahahahahahaaaaa

17. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

18. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Don't make me pull out the keg of Whoop-Ass... :eek: :p

I guess you weren't reading the threads when the ******* came here asking for a free Mac laptop... Lets just say, most of us here told him to get a job and buy one for himself. That newbie/******* has not been seen since that thread went off the radar.

If you are given things all your life and don't work for any of it, you don't value anything (either things you have or that other people own). If you want to get something, work for it, earn it how every you have to. Many of us here have been working since it was legal (some of us even before that). I was working for my parents (in the store they owned) when I was about 10. Working after school or over the weekends when they needed help, or I needed some extra money. At 14-1/2 I got a regular job, and have been working ever since. I had jobs all through high school, college and since getting out of college. Even when the job paid less then I needed, I took it since any job is better then no job.

Don't be too picky about the job you take, especially if you want the money to make a purchase. As the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers. :p

19. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

You don't have to call him an *******. That offends me! :mad:

20. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Guess what... I really don't care if I offended you... IF you are that fragile, I almost pity you.

BTW, I was calling the ******* that started the thread months ago an *******... ya nit. :eek: :p I think it went by the name of Travis, or something like that...

21. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

It? No wonder you have no respect for nobody. :(

22. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Would you prefer that I called it 'heshe'?? :p

Lighten up Alice, your gonna give yourself a headache. :p

BTW, I respect the people that have earned my respect... So far, you have not done that... :p

23. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

24. DavPeanut thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm 14 and almost two months. Many of you said that you got jobs at 14 1/2, not 14. I can't work at a restuerant until I'm 16, and just about all the jobs for kids my age are minimum wage. I also have a crazy schedule (all sorts of camps over the summer and all sorts of acidemic teams during the school year). No one I know has kids below age nine, so no one needs a baby-sitter. Its not like there is a lot of work here. I get a $3/week allowence. My parents will probably get 10.2 anyway. Oh, and I have like $2000 in stock that I can use for whatever I want. I don't need that money for college. I've got a huge college account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.