iTunes - 32k history, is there a new published limit?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nipsy, May 7, 2003.

1. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

So I have busted the 32k barrier (34k and counting), and have to spend several days organizing everything to get where I want to be, but now I'm wondering if anyone has seen published docs on new limitations for iTunes 4.

2. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

I would bet the next limit is at either 128,000 or 256,000 songs. No matter what you do, both of these are very large amount and a user with this many songs would probably need a more robust program anyways.

BEN

3. Nipsy thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipsy

I figure at 50k I'll have everything I want on tap, with room to hear new stuff.

So, I'll be okay for a while even if it is 64k.

I'm so looking forward to putting all my records in a cool dry OUT OF THE WAY place.

4. Brain macrumors newbie

Here's what I found at this link

http://docs.info.apple.com/article....howSurvey=false&sessionID=anonymous|169697403

TITLE
    iTunes: How to Overcome 32 000 Song Library Size Limitation

Article ID:
    Created:
    Modified:
    4/10/02
    5/1/03

TOPIC

iTunes 2 music libraries are limited to 32 000 songs. You can overcome this limitation by creating multiple libraries.

DISCUSSION

Note: iTunes 4 no longer has this limitation. See <http://www.apple.com/itunes/> for information on updating to iTunes 4.

So I guess the sky's the limit!(':D')

5. NW80pdx macrumors newbie

6. scmacdaddy macrumors regular

Nipsy, are you on shareitunes.com cause i'd like to hear your library

7. Nipsy thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipsy

I'm behind the times, and of limited badwidth. I was traveling during the releases, so have only just gotten iTunes4.

I'll look into whether I have the bandwidth to stream, and whether I feel comfy opening my firewall at all.

In the meantime, I can send you my list of songs if you pm me your email addy (must have 1.5mb free in your spool).