iTunes 4.7.1 install problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Indohottie, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Indohottie macrumors 6502

Indohottie

Hello

I just recently tried to install iLife 04(yes a lil behind the times).. It would not let me install because I had an iLife program running. So being as super intellegent that I am, I tried closing all the programs, but that didnt work, so I deleted the iLife programs on my hard drive.

iLife 04 dvd liked that and installed the programs, but NOT iTunes 4.2(the iTunes verision on iLife 04). When I try to install it, it comes up disabled. So I downloaded the newest verision of iTunes and tried to install it as well. It also won't allow me to install. Under the installer program it comes up as disabled under action.

So what am i missing or doing wrong? Any help? Does it have to do with the preexisting iTunes library? I did not delete that folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Direct Link

2. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

You need to delete .pkg file located on your hard drive located at:

/Library/Receipts/iTunes4.pkg

Note, I'm not sure of the actual name for the .pkg file... i used iTunes4.pkg in my example... Just look for all the iTunes pkg files and then move them to your desktop... You should be able to install iTunes after you delete the files. After you have iTunes successfully running you can delete the files on your desktop. Good luck.

3. Indohottie thread starter macrumors 6502

Indohottie

thanks.. tried it and it worked!

4. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Great! Quite a frustrating problem when it happens and you have no idea what is the matter.

Now if my router just didn't give the iTMS difficulties in connecting consistently, it'd be all good. ;)