itunes 4.8 will not stay closed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sly, May 14, 2005.

1. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

I must be the only person this is happening to as I have not seen it posted elsewhere. Since up dating to itunes 4.8 (I am running Tiger) itunes will not stay closed! I close the application and almost exactly 2 mins later it reopens itself. I have even tried closing everything not touching the Mac waited 2 mins and bof, bouncing itunes icon, no ipod connected either. Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening? I need all the CPU cycles I can get with only 800mhz, I don't need itunes pinching some when I don't want it to.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Any iTunes plug-ins? Are you running the iTunes widget? I wonder if that might try to open up iTunes after you close it?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This is definitely a strange one. The iTunes widget (which is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but that's another issue) should not launch iTunes unless you click on play while iTunes is closed. "Should not," of course, being operative. :rolleyes:

Also, do you have sharing turned on (see the prefs in iTunes)?

4. Sly thread starter macrumors 6502

Sly

Nice one, you've it the nail on the head. I have just checked the activity monitor and the itunes Widget was taking up 16% of the CPU. Removing the itunes Widget from Dashboard has stopped itunes opening on its own. I can't be the only person who has had this problem? That Widget obviously needs some tweaking!

5. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

This user had similar problems and attributed it to JewelCase, an iTunes plug-in (which has since been updated).

6. Sly thread starter macrumors 6502

Sly

I have never installed Jewelcase? However I have just tried putting the itunes Widget back on to the Dashboard and it does start opening itunes on its own again. Maybe its a general issue with itunes plug-ins (which I'm assuming the itunes Widget is) and itunes 4.8?