iTunes 4.9.5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pretentious, Sep 7, 2005.

1. pretentious macrumors regular

pretentious

Well I'm pretty underwelmed by the "new" iTunes, and it is buggy as well.
    Despite a newer skin and folders (finally) I don't see much of anything else to be excited about.
    I am using it on my PC, and the Windows version is crashing upon trying to connect to the Music Store. 3 times now I tried and each time it has said that it has encountered a problem an needs to close.
    Anyone else agree or disagree? or have similar problems.

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

No trouble with connecting to Music Store on a WinXP machine.

No bugs I've noticed yet, except perhaps, it did re-upload 565 songs when I connected my iPod, but they don't appear to be duplicates.

By the way, it's iTunes 5.

3. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Mine's worked flawless; granted, I'm running Tiger, but I haven't had single problem with it. Everything I've tried, in fact, seems to work better. Scrolling through the library in 4.9 sometimes brought little hiccups, mini-strokes, freezes, whatever they're called. 5.0 flows perfectly. Plus, with the folders, the sidebar looks much less cluttered.

Perhaps try a new download? Just completely erase/uninstall everything that's now there and go again. Good luck!

4. pretentious thread starter macrumors regular

pretentious

What makes it 5?? I don't see much changes to be calling it a new version.

I have WinXP SP2 and all everytime now I have opened up iTunes and received and error message when I try connecting to the Store. Work just fine before I updated.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its iTunes 5 because thats the version number they are using :rolleyes:

whether or not you think it merits that revision number or not is a different story.

6. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

i hate itunes five. for one thing... the borderless window bothers me, and itunes adds just another interface style to Tiger, yay!! we now have aqua, brushed metal, plastics, and itunes "steel." Another thing they should not have touched after four version was the placement of the volume bar. I am used to going under play for years, and now next to fast forward!!! bad apple. bad.

7. andypress macrumors regular

I have a big problem- half of my songs no longer have album names or for that matter any other information that used to be there before i upgraded. Any ideas?

8. andypress macrumors regular

Fixed ,it, or solved it. iTunes decided to dupicate the songs without the info for some reason, the original ones were still there.

9. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

ok... one thing growing on me are these folders. i dont have ilife '05 (never saw it as worth the money from '04) so i never used the folders in iPhoto. damn, they are nice. My source list was getting huge with playlists, and these folders are making it manageable.

10. shidoshi macrumors regular

There are a lot of little features that I'm betting people are missing. "Smart" shuffling. Being able to pick up any track where you left off at if you want to. Being able to stop songs from appearing in shuffle. Better importing options (ability to rip and eject CDs automatically when put in, for example.) Adding lyrics to songs. Etc.

I would have liked to have seen a few more "big" features to justify calling it 5.0, yes, but there is a lot of nice new stuff there.

11. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

hmm... smart shuffle is there, you can import when putting in a cd, but not eject.

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i have the option under On Cd Insert: "import and eject"

and it has been there before the iTunes 5 update as well.

13. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i just wish you could put the playlist folders into the iPods.
    that's what i really wanted to do.

14. shidoshi macrumors regular

Was it? Damn, I guess I never noticed it before, but I wish I had. I've been importing a lot of CDs recently, and that is a very handy feature.

And yeah, I have "import and eject" here as well.