iTunes 4.9 and PB scrolling

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wdschrank, Jul 7, 2005.

1. wdschrank macrumors member

My 2 finger scrolling works perfectly on every app except for iTunes since I updated to 4.9 from 4.8. Now it's all jerky. That's some BS.

2. dxm113 macrumors member

my PB track pad scrolls fine in 4.9, as long as I'm not in the ITMS. In the ITMS, it scrolls like crap, otherwise it seems to be fine.

bummer, I'd be pretty ticked about that to. . . i remember how annoying it used to be to scroll through my library on my old 500MHz G3 iMac . . . very jerky . . . :mad:

3. Kirbdog macrumors regular

Kirbdog

I have only had scrolling TP issues on a few random occasions in iTunes and they were in the Music Store. I went back to the store when I read this post and it worked fine. I get the slow scroll about once a day and it's usually random. Its a minor inconveinience but it is better than not having scroll. I reset my TP every once and awhile by placing my palm over the TP for about 5 sec it may help but can't prove that it does.

4. witness macrumors 6502

I have problems with 2 finger scroll when viewing RSS feeds in Safari.

It's a real pain to have to use the scroll bar :( Would be nice if Apple fixed these problems.

5. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

do you guys have the new Powerbooks with two finger scrolling or older ones with iscroll?
    I have an older Powerbook and no jerkyness in iTunes when using two finger scrolling provided by iscroll.

6. wdschrank thread starter macrumors member

I have the new PB with scrolling. Guess we cannot expect everything to work perfectly. But is it wrong to expect the best? Expecially from Stevo.

7. witness macrumors 6502

I have the new one too :( I'm hoping that 10.4.2 will fix these issues.

8. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I'm still using a pc for itunes (havent got my mac yet) and in itunes store I still have trouble scrolling sometimes.

$Z

9. witness macrumors 6502

Yes iTunes on Windows doesn't scroll properly when using a scroll wheel (or scrolling touchpad) either. But that's a separate issue caused by the fact that that iTunes on Windows doesn't use standard interface components.

Or maybe it isn't a separate issue, maybe Apple have bugs in their scrolling code, and maybe they use the same code on OS X and Windows?

10. wdschrank thread starter macrumors member

yes, but i was not having problems with iTunes 4.8. but as soon as i updated to 4.9, the problems started. very odd and obnoxious. maybe it's my fingers that are broken.