Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MimUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
dejo said:
Is there supposed to be a Podcasts link on the Music Store homepage?

In the Podcast screen, the link to Podcast Directory takes you to Music Store.
But there are no links in there yet!

Mim

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
It's not a hoax, at least for some of us. I was able to download and install the update, via Finder's Software Update. My About iTunes now says "iTunes v4.9 (17)"

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
dejo said:
It's not a hoax, at least for some of us. I was able to download and install the update, via Finder's Software Update. My About iTunes now says "iTunes v4.9 (17)"

I take your word for it. Mine'll just kick in later, I guess I'm at the back o'the queue ... as in so many areas of life... :(

ho hum. Cheers for the validation.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Oh why are there no podcasts yet? I am still hoping the rumored content provider is NPR. Come on 'All Things Considered' :)

taran

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2003
UK
The podcast directory doesn't seem to work - it just takes you to the iTMS and there's no mention of podcasts on it here in the UK.

It's installed, and seems to work as expected.

There's a new item in preferences for podcasts, allowing you to check for new episodes at set intervals, set which ones are uploaded to an iPod, and it gives you the option to delete old podcasts or keep them.

Nice!

KKKL

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Amoy
treblah said:
Oh why are there no podcasts yet? I am still hoping the rumored content provider is NPR. Come on 'All Things Considered' :)
podcasts is added!
but what does it do?

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Just downloaded it. Is it me or is MacRumors, MacBytes Dead? There were no posts yesterday on either (or was it a US holiday?).

Anyway, yep I just got 4.9 from software update. It's smaller than usual iTunes, weighing in at 9.9mb

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
SpaceMagic said:
Just downloaded it. Is it me or is MacRumors, MacBytes Dead? There were no posts yesterday on either (or was it a US holiday?).

Anyway, yep I just got 4.9 from software update. It's smaller than usual iTunes, weighing in at 9.9mb

Any hints at new stuff like iPhone or anything in the menus ect?

ahe

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2003
Me, I tried to drag and drop a couple of PodCast URLs to iTunes and it says it's not a valid PodCats URL...
Bummer... :confused:

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
iTMS is Updated.

ahe said:
Me, I tried to drag and drop a couple of PodCast URLs to iTunes and it says it's not a valid PodCats URL...
Bummer... :confused:

The store is now updated. Podcast banner located top-middle. So far there are ESPN, Disney, KCRW, and ABCnews.com podcasts plus a whole slew of others. :eek:

Update, It was working earlier.
Click

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
and it's a tuesday too ! i wonder what else apple have in store for us today

can't wait to get home and update my itunes

podcasts are cool and i want more of em lol

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
they are literally working on the Store right now. First there was no Podcast link, now there is but it takes you to the AudioBook list at the moment.

hushreality

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2004
If they were working on the store right now - I wonder if Apple employees get paid overtime for working at 2:30am ?

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Obvious n00b question, but what is a "Podcast"? :confused: *cowers and runs for treeline to safety* :rolleyes:

I really just don't know, haven't read anything about them and I see all this fuss so I assume it is a neat thing....please share.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Perhaps the UK people are working on it.. not the US? Anyway... Podcast section is now up. However, what is even cooler... you can PUBLISH YOUR OWN!!! Heheh :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.