iTunes 4.9....when?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JDOG_, Jun 6, 2005.

1. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

For any who have more information about the keynote today, was there any mention of WHEN we'll be getting iTunes 4.9? Not that I'm a huge podcast fanatic, but I'm always excited for new builds of iTunes.

2. Sirus The Virus macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

I'll give you an eduacated guess. About a month or less.

3. abrooks macrumors 6502a

Been about 30 days since Steve said within the next 60 days, so he has another 30 days to go approximately.

4. agentkow macrumors 6502

agentkow

But I want it now.

- Veruca Salt, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Also, its funny that you spelled "eduacated".

5. Fiddytree85 macrumors newbie

Fiddytree85

6. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Nah, we NEED HE AAC. I will still probably encode at 256kbps, but in HE I expect a minor improvement in quality, (although looking into this does not confirm it will be the case).

7. buseman macrumors regular

HE-AAC is only for very low bitrates (64kbps and less). It's mainly targeted at streaming and online radio

8. timmyb macrumors 6502

I was just wondering how long it will take to download say a 30 minute podcast. In the keynote, was Steve downloading them from scratch? (if so it was a very very quick connection.)

9. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I had a feeling it would be that, but I don't care much anyway, I justs really wanted it as it would be another selling point for the iPods, (something to compare to Atrac3Plus and WMA, even though we all know that they are lower quality anyway). I still want it to support the format though, that and to get rid of the annoying silence at the end of the track, (a real pain when you listen to a lot of music that flows naturally from one track to the next, e.g. Pink Floyd).