iTunes 4 / artwork

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by robotrenegade, May 1, 2003.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

How do you manage the pictures for ituens? Like if you drag the wrong pic how do you fix it and what not? Where does it save the pics to?

2. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Re: iTunes 4 / artwork

To delete the picture press command-I and go to artwork. Click delete. As far as I know it saves the image with the file, so if you put it on an ipod, the image goes with it.

3. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

The pictures are saved into the songs. They become part of the songs ID tag.

To manage the artwork, click on a song and hit Apple+I. Then, go to the Artwork tab and you can manage the images for that individual song.

4. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

6. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

No. The iPod does not have the ability to display images. Even the new ones can not perform this function.

The artwork is stored in the ID tag so the album covers can be displayed if the file is transferred to another Mac.

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

8. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

would this be a big thing to implement??? it would be rather nice to see the artwork on the iPod i reckon

9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

they may not display, but they do seem to update the songs to your pod if you add artwork... ie, i didn't change my playlist, just added artwork to some albums and then my ipod was suddenly updating... confused me at first til i noticed the trend in which albums were updating.

10. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

What if...

I don't know what the new 'communications device' will be, but if it can display the artwork, way to go...

As for the iPod displaying the artwork, I would think that for this to be implemented the artwork would have to be scaled to the dimensions of the iPod screen...also, the small scren in B&W would not be all that great...but anything is better than nothing...

Anyone notice that when you use the visualizer in iTunes 4 the artwork is displayed next to the title?

Cool.

11. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Yeah, i noticed that too, but I think iTunes and the iPod just consider the artwork data as the same as the name, artist, all the other tag data... it's just a little odd that Apple didn't make the iPod ignore the artwork, considering the current new iPods won't be able to display it, and you're not supposed to get music back out of an iPod... so all those images do is take up valuable space...

btw, iAlan, if there is a mystery communications device, it won't play music-- the new iPods are proof of that... I don't think we'll be seeing album artwork on-the-go until maybe the next iPod revision..

pnw

12. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Good point, wishful thinking on my part I guess...I would be happy to be able to buy music from the iTMS in Japan though...but I do have a new iPod on order from Bic Camera...still a weeks wait for Japan...if they are actually released on schedule on May 9th...the original iPod launch in Japan was pushed back over a month...can't believe I have been using one of the original 5GB models for soooo long now...don't know if I will sell it or keep it for 'old times sake' when i get my new 30GB model...come to think of 30GB is a lot of music...