iTunes 4 Update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Heart Break Kid, May 28, 2003.

1. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

we all knew the time would come - the update now does NOT let you share files across the internet but rather it lets you share over your own network. guess it's the antipiracy branch of apple kicking in

:)

so if your a leecher like me - dont download the update!!

2. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

maybe i will upgrade so leechers like you won't access my library ;)

3. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Good how leecher sounds nicer than thief isn't it:rolleyes:

4. andyduncan macrumors regular

If you want to share your music, theres a dozen other apps available. Why is this a big loss?

5. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

Oh give me a break. I hardly think that listening to someone elses library constitutes stealing. I loved listening to other peoples libraries. It exposed me to new music which I then bought.

And I certainly wasn't headed off to confession after listening to the streams.

Spare us your melodrama. :rolleyes:

6. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Yeah, sharing or p2p networks "steal music" as Apple puts it.

But iTunes streamed the music with no way to copy it unless you record the sound with another app.

But journalists seem to put this sharing to stealing, so Apple has ceased it.

7. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

the sharing i don't mind.. but plenty of apps have popped up that lets u connect to itunes as if it were a fileserver. You can just download whatever you want.. at speeds faster than the stream. u see what i'm gettin at?