iTunes 5.0 problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by the_freddinator, Sep 7, 2005.

1. the_freddinator macrumors regular

I was trying to download iTunes 5 today but it hasn't been working through apple....I've been having some internet problems lately- mainly with transmission (most likely a problem w/ our satellite) in that many times, clicking links is non-responsive, images don't automatically get shown, and some sites/apps will refuse to load w/out multiple refreshes.

I've tried downloading through IE and FF but neither have proven fruitful. Is there a link to download iTunes from? Instead of having apple providing an automatic download through their page?

Sorry if this question is unclear. I'll change it up if people have trouble understanding it.

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I can't download it either (got about halfway and it stopped). It may just be that the server is overloaded right now.

3. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

I downloaded it about 20 minutes ago without any problems at all.

4. the_freddinator thread starter macrumors regular

It's not that- I'm not even prompted by IE/FF to save the .exe or run it (FF doesn't let you run executable files anyway). I can't even get the chance to download :/

5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Macupdate.com has working versions, and faster downloads (currently).

6. the_freddinator thread starter macrumors regular

Anyway, I need a WinXP/2000 download.
    Thanks, though.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

hmm, worked for me now with no problems. go figure.

8. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I downloaded it from Apple like an hour ago and it was going at a good 550kbs.

9. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Oh. I'm sure you could google another download website, if apple's servers are still overloaded.

10. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

maybe try bittorrent? it's perfectly legal to do that isn't it, since it's free software? correct me if i'm wrong. anyway i dl'd it from apple like 30min ago and it saturated my connection (1.5Mb/s dsl, it went ~190KB/s) but that may be about the max it goes, i dont know.

11. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

I grabbed it no problems from the Apple site / iTunes page about 3 hours after the live address.

Suspect there were lots of people who tried grabbing it and new Quicktime.
    Hope everyone has it all now ok though.

Streaming video was good as well for me (in Australia).

12. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Mac Bias?

I downloaded this on my Mac in no time. I then left it downloading on my PC for a couple of hours and it still hadn't finished.

So, I kicked off a download of the Windows exe from my Mac using Safari and that downloaded really quickly.

Are Apple giving more bandwidth to OS X users? :-s

13. Photorun macrumors 65816

Photorun

If so that's fine, considering all the tripe we have to deal with in a peecee world, I'm glad someone out there, in this case Apple, is playing favorites against the tide. Besides, people on peecees are used to waiting for stuff to work (applications, the OS, rebooting, rebooting, rebooting...)

14. the_freddinator thread starter macrumors regular

EDIT: Resolved. As expected, it was an ISP mess-up
    I called...they transferred me to billing but i was dropped on the way. Then I called back, transferred to billing, transferred back to tech, transferred up to advanced tech. Talk for 1 hour getting nowhere- get dropped while on hold. call back AGAIN and get helped by this lady that sounds like this is her first call she's ever received. Somehow she fixed it. I don't even KNOW what she did.

But anyway, thanks for the help everyone- I got 5.0 up and running just fine about an hour ago.