iTunes 5 or 6 Windows Plugin beta

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Warped1, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Warped1 macrumors member

I am close to releasing a free iTunes plug that's named exTray (extended tray). There are a ton of plugins for my Mac but on Windows it's limited so I decided to code my own.

It is basically a replacement for the regular systray icon that adds functionality like display notification messages, artwork, and other neat things.

Here's a quick pic.
    http://www.extendedtools.com/out/example.jpg

It's not documented at all yet so I am looking for some "exploring" type users to try it out before I release it in the next week or so on my website www.extendedtools.com. If you are interested please email extraybeta@extendedtools.com with your email address and I will email you the small (700k) setup file.

2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Looks neat. If I was near my windows machine I'd give it a try but unfortunately I'm not.

3. Warped1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. The Popups go away on their own on a configurable timer. It doesn't modify iTunes in any way. I use the iTunes com object to comunicate with iTunes.

4. Cerender macrumors member

Cerender

Cool

That's really cool. I like the fade effect. This makes the times I have to use windows a little more bearable. ;) I'd really like to have a full screen picture to display on my TV too. I have my PC hooked up to my receiver and I'd love to see the album art with this.

5. Warped1 thread starter macrumors member

I added some cool features like exporting and importing of iTunes ratings, play counts, and last play dates. I also completed the beta and released it. www.extendedtools.com/exTray/exTray.htm.

Almost all features are free and nag-free (no nagging register pop-ups). Theres a demo video on the site you can watch if you want before installing.

I'm giving away some registration codes as well. Email extray_promo@extendedtools.com with your registration code from the 'about' menu and if you're early I'll gen you a free serial.

6. pretentious macrumors regular

pretentious

Sweet! Seems to work better than my current use of Konfab widgets. I'll try it out for awhile, thanks!

7. Warped1 thread starter macrumors member

I'm glad you like it! Feel free to submit me suggestions. I'm sure there will be many updates to it in the future. Playlist exporting and importing is something I just thought of the weekend....