iTunes 6.0.2 and Modification Date

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vd0t, Jan 22, 2006.

1. vd0t macrumors regular

Hi,

I installed the latest version of iTunes and noticed that when I play a song it changes their modification date! Since I organize my songs based on their modification date (the date I purchased/downloaded/ripped the song), this ruins my playlists. When I play an old song, it jumps to the top because the modification date changes to the current date/time.

I have since reverted back to iTunes 6.0.1 which doesn't have this issue (nor does any version of iTunes prior to 6.0.2).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this supposed to happen? Anyway to prevent this?

Thanks

2. betbest1 macrumors regular

You could always use Date Added instead of Date Modified.

3. vd0t thread starter macrumors regular

But that date doesn't necessarily coincide with the date I purchased/downloaded/ripped the song. I rebuild my library from time to time (and also reinstall Mac OS X from time to time). It just frustrates me that my method has worked flawlessly for the last few years and now.. well.. it doesn't! :mad:

I just want to confirm.. does this also happen to you?

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

No, I can't reproduce that behaviour on my machine. My iTunes changes the modification date only when I change the name of the file or some tag information.

Do you think it's possible that your iTunes changes any information while playing the song, maybe because you selected something special, preferences or anything. Just a thought.

5. vd0t thread starter macrumors regular

hmm.. that's wierd.. maybe I should install iTunes 6.0.2 again and check.

6. Revlimit Punk macrumors regular

Revlimit Punk

I have the same problem, so i guess it is definitely a bug. My version is "6.0.2 (23)". While we wait for an official fix, has anybody cured the problem in some (non library destructive) way other than installing an older version of iTunes?