itunes 6 not working, freezes on video's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by biohazard6969, Oct 12, 2005.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

whenever i try to look at my video's in itunes it will freeze and i'll have to force quit. its probably somethin to do with its just a preliminarty update...any ideas

2. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

I'm having similar issues. When I'm downloading a video, the whole computer freezes and the hard drive makes awful noises--loud beeps and static noise. I got scared and shut down the computer

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

4. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

I've just downloaded the three episodes of Lost from this season... no problems so far! (Windows XP running on a Centrino [P4-M] 1.7GHz with 512MB RAM)

5. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

Having a similar problem where I click on preview and it showed a grey screen while the video played but I went ahead and downloaded QT7 again off the Apple site and it fixed the problem, dont know if it will fix the freezing.

6. macantonio macrumors newbie

macantonio

I can't play a CD or import tracks from one. It happened with 5 too.
    Any clues?

:confused:

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Simply download the newest version of Quicktime (released today), it should fix your problems - it fixed mine.

8. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Yeah, when I turned my Mac back on and Software Update opened, I installed that and it worked, for the most part. It continued to freeze when I restarted my download of Lost (it went to sleep), but then I woke it up and it works fine now.

9. macantonio macrumors newbie

macantonio

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

it is a known problem with some of the older powerbooks and some older powermacs i hear that the Drives for some reason don't get recognized by iTunes, check out macfixit i believe they had some fixes for it

11. Mac Dummy macrumors regular

That happened to me in Itunes 4.9 I was download some podcasts and my Mac just locked up and the hard drive started squealing, and the only way I could stop it was a forced shutdown ( hold the Power button until the Mac shut off). How old is your system and do you have Applecare?

12. Scoiler Montgum macrumors newbie

HELP! i need somebody, not just anybody, an ipod god.

Ok, so i orderd the new ipod and updated my itunes from 5 to 6. Everything music wise is working perfectly but my only problem is the video. Apple has said nothing about getting video onto itunes/ipod that hasnt been purchased through itunes. So i found a program that lets me back up my dvds into AVI/DivX/Mpeg-4 which is one of the two ipod compatiable formats and i ripped 4 of my favorite batman animated series episodes and they were easilly added to my itunes library. I then ripped one of my family guy episodes and that two was added to my library. But now it seems when ever itry to add anything but those 5 episodes i tunes will not add it to my library, even after going to “add file to library”. please please help me im getting very frusterated. thank you.