itunes 6 UK users - is video available

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by boymike135, Oct 13, 2005.

1. boymike135 macrumors newbie

Hi this is my first post.

Just downloaded itunes 6 this morning. Can anyone confirm that the all new "singing and dancing" video content is NOT available yet to UK users?

And ... I just bought a 20G colour iPod last month. Do you think that Apple will release a firmware updater that will allow video playback on any older models?

2. Pyrus macrumors member

When i looked at it last night it only had the Pixar shorts for download at £1.89 (i think thats the right price).

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    You can buy music videos for £1.89 or the Pixar shorts for the same price (compared to the US $1.99, I think this is ridiculous - it's more than twice the price of the song on its own). You can't download Desperate Housewives or Lost.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

hahahaha! That's too funny! No I pretty sure they won't ;)

There's a handful of music videos, pixar shorts and thats it. Channel 4 is only on about episode 8 of Season 1 of Lost, and season 2 of DH hasn't started yet.

5. antrabbit macrumors member

antrabbit

Apple has yet to annouce a deal yet to sell TV episodes in the UK, in the US they will be avalible to buy the day after they've been broadcast on Television. It maybe that when they eventually sell them in the UK, it'll be after they've been broadcast in the UK, of course this may not be the case, but they will sell them eventually.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4337692.stm

6. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

all the 2000 music videos are up now but as yet apple has not signed a deal with the BBC to put there content online.

from what i understand the Beeb are looking at the US with a keen eye

Eastenders in the not too distant future... lol

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

somebody would have to pay me £1.89 to watch an episode of Eastenders.

8. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

yeah a bit pricey i know , but if 1.89 is the price of (MAYBE) episodes of 24 next january then thats what it is

eastenders should be free you'd think lol

9. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

It would be at least £1.89 for the intro, after that it doubles every minute.

10. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The potentially interesting thing with the BBC content proposal would be how could they justify charging for it when the Windows-only trial for off-set video is free with DRM attached - although IIRC, it's time-limited.

Would the BBC use this to distribute their content free to the UK iTMS, since in theory they are likely to be licence payers, and charge other iTMS users? Problem with that is that then Apple are subsidising the Beeb since there there's the bandwidth costs?

11. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i would think the Beeb are just trialing the service , now they have seen that iTunes will be able to sell these then we might see a turn around of ideas.

saying this though - Eastenders on iTunes would be bad but all there quality programs like Michael Palin's , Blackadder , Ab Fab , Only fools and horses would be good content for iTunes.