iTunes 7.0.1 issue: iPod columns

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ClarkeB, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ClarkeB macrumors 6502

ClarkeB

When I dock my iPod, iTunes refuses to accept my changed column order. So, I deselect all the things I don't want to show and all the things I want to show (Date Modified...,etc.) So, when I eject my iPod and redock it, it shows back up in iTunes with the stock column setup. iTunes 6 allowed the changed settings to stick, but I guess iTunes 7 just isn't for it? It would also be nice to have the alternate views available in the Library available for those of us who listen to our music off our manually organized iPods...

Any suggestions?

2. ClarkeB thread starter macrumors 6502

ClarkeB

Oh...now i've noticed that if you load music to your library, it finds the cover artwork, but when you drag it to your iPod, it fails to transfer!! This is just terrible, unintuitive programming! I feel like I'm using windows when every single time I plug in my iPod I have to control click on the columns to select what I want (previous versions not only saved this info, but also kept the view...so if you had it sorted by Date Added By, ejected it, and plugged it back in...it would still be sorted like this...instead, you can do that in iTunes 7 but when you plug it back in, you won't even have "Date Added By" to choose from) as well as recopy the album art! :mad: