iTunes 7.0.1: Never-ending authorization...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BlizzardBomb, Oct 1, 2006.

1. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

For some reason, iTunes wanted me to authorize a track. I thought nothing of it and of course typed in my password where I was greeted with the "Authorization Successful" message. I tried to play the track, but then iTunes asked for authorization again, and again, and again. What's even worse is that my iPod was connected to my iMac at the time so once it realized it wasn't "authorized" it sucked all the tracks that weren't authorizing off my iPod. I've noticed that tracks downloaded off iTunes with just my username play fine, but tracks with my username + @yahoo.co.uk refuse to play.

So, I've now got £150 worth of iTunes that don't want to play. I've tried permission repairs, deauthorizing then reauthorizing, restarts, reinstallations and got nothing.

2. Malcster macrumors 6502

I had exactly the same problem earlier today, restarted my MBP and it all returned to normal, not sure if the store had gone nuts for a bit, but after the restart all is fine again.

3. BlizzardBomb thread starter macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

4. HouseHeadNY macrumors newbie

HouseHeadNY

Same Problem Over Hear!

Just Called Mac Suport And They Said All Itunes Music Store Service Is Done Via Email, There Is No Phone Tech Support At This Time! Im Very Shocked, Always Had Such Pleasent Exp. With Apple Support! Guess Were On Our Own! I Got A Email In To Them And When I Get A Reply In 24 To 48 Hours Ill Post It! Hope It Helps! In The Mean While, If Anyone Else Figures Anything Out, Post Please! I Also Repaired Permissions, Restarted, And De-authorized! No Good! I Did However Realize When Repairing Permissions That Itunes Permissions Were Fixed, Meaning There Was A Problem At Some Point! Werid!

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

That 48 hours is ********. I never got a response in 48 hours for my problem. You guys should try reinstalling 7.0.1.

6. HouseHeadNY macrumors newbie

HouseHeadNY

itunes 7.0.1 authorizatioin problem

tried everything, reinstalled, trashed preferences, de- then re-authorized machine, repaired permissions! everything i can think of! anyone else got any ideas? ALSO, ANYONE HAVE A LINK TO ITUNES 7.0.0? IM THINKIN IM JUST GUNNA GO BACK TO THE VERSION BEFORE IF I CAN FIND IT!
    THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    PAUL

7. BlizzardBomb thread starter macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Currently talking to tech support about it, but with Apple taking a full day for each reply, I might have it fixed by next month :p

8. HouseHeadNY macrumors newbie

HouseHeadNY

itunes 7.0.1 authorization problem FIXED!

so after convincing apple to do phone support on this issue and spending 5 hourso n the phone with NO FIX. i decided that i was lookin at the issue in the wrong way, i noticed that no only was i unable to authorize my videos or songs but i was no aboe to PREVIEW ANY VIDEOS IN ITUNES MUSIC STORE EITHER this made me thing that it was not a itunes issue BUT A QUICKTIME ISSUE emember there was a update for quicktime along with the update to itunes!! after these steps i am totally fixed, both the authorization problem and the greyed out video and preview problem!

1 first, i did a permissions repair as well as a disc repair! i noteced a problem wehn verifiying my disc, so i did a disc repair, might not have anything to do with this issue, but to be safve, run disc utitltiy repair of both permissins and disc repair.

2. trash your mac hd/library/caches folder A MUST

3. move your hd/llibrary/quicktime/components folder to your desktop to use after reinstalling quicktime ALSO A MUST, IF YOU KEEP THAT FOLDER QUICKTIME WILL NOT INSTALL PROPERLY

4. remove the quicktime reciept installer, its in mac hd/ library/receipts/quicktime YOU CAN JUST TRASH THAT, ITS JUST A INSTALLER THAT WE WILL DOWNLAOD ANYWAY.

5. TRASH QUICKTIME ITSELF!

6. RE DOWNLOAD FROM APPLE.COM/QUICTIME.

RESTART

VUUAAALLLAA!!!!

HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE SUCCESS! LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS!

PAUL

9. HouseHeadNY macrumors newbie

HouseHeadNY

trash itunes prefs too!

I Did Also Trash Any And All Quicktime Prefs In The userfoler/library/preferences Folder, Before Re Installing Quicktime. Most Of Them Were Com.apple.quicktime....

Good Luck, Let Me Know If It Works

10. MacHobo801 macrumors newbie

same problem GRRRRRR

I have OS 10.3.9 and iTunes 7.0.1. I have the same problem with about half of my music. I'm always asked to authorize the same song no matter how many times I play it. I've authorized some of the songs that won't play many times, and nothing. Also tried authorizing an de authorizing my computer to no end. still no fix. Did a permissions repair few times and still nothing. Even rebotted a few times. nothing. HELP!!!

11. imacintel macrumors 68000

12. nutman macrumors regular

how does someone cap the first letter of every word. doesn't it get annoying?