iTunes 7.0.2 slow opening

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Vazza, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Vazza macrumors member

I bought a 2Ghz Macbook C2D with 1 Gig RAM at the end of November and have been extremely pleased with it being my first Mac and all.

However, recently I went home for the holidays where unfortunately my broadband connection was down and every time I tried to open iTunes I'd get the beachball spinning with a loading of time of 1-2 minutes, whilst other apps opened instantly. I only have ~500 songs and still have 40Gb of space left on the HD, I also tried repairing permissions and reinstalling iTunes with no effect.

I got back to university halls today, where I have a 24Meg internet connection and iTunes is working fine again.

Were the slow loading times I experienced due to iTunes trying to access the iTunes store and if so, is there anything I can do to prevent it ? :confused: I ask as I'm due to move into a flat in a couple of weeks and won't have the net for a while. Thanks in advance.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Could've been. I find that disconnecting network connections can prevent this sort of slowdown. The OS recognises there's no internet so it doesn't try to connect, as opposed to when it is trying to connect to a weak link. You can disable the connection(s) through the Network pane of System Preferences. :)

3. Vazza thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, will try that when I go back home this weekend (internet's still down nearly 3 weeks later :rolleyes: ).