Itunes 7.1.5 Coverflow Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SolidSnake, Mar 6, 2007.

1. SolidSnake macrumors regular

As you can see pictured below, there is a line going through all the images while in fullscreen coverflow. Does anybody else have this problem? A fix?
    [​IMG]

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I've got it and I think BlueVelvet mentioned it to.

I can't tell from the pic you've posted, but does the reflection of the artwork show 2 lines in it and do you also have similar lines in the play, rwd, ffwd and the return to regular coverflow buttons?

There was talk of it maybe being an issue with OpenGL that is only showing up on certain machines.

I'm on a Dual 1Ghz MDD G4 with an ATI Radeon 9000Pro.

3. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe you can see it a little better now,
    [​IMG]
    See how the line runs in middle of her face? well it's like that for the whole image running sideways, keep in mind it only does this when i go into full screen coverflow.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

The buttons on my system also have the problem...a diagonal line across them in fullscreen coverflow.

Attached Files:

5. amnesiak macrumors member

amnesiak

on my macbook, the scrollbar in coverflow when i get fullscreen..anyone else has this problem also?
    i can fix it by resizing the coverflow display while not in fullscreen but as soon as i get fullscreen and play the next song it gets blurred again..

6. Butters macrumors 6502

Happens to me too

7. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

It's all based on 3d rendering, right? OpenGL renders triangles, and not squares, so all squares have to be broken down into triangles. The diagonal line that you see is where OpenGL has split the rectangle into two triangles. The glitch is that for some reason the 'edge' between the two triangles has become visible as a black line.

8. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

If you turn 'OpenGL' off in one of the view settings in iTunes I think it gets rid of it.

9. Elrond39 macrumors 6502

And me. :(

10. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

The OpenGL option applies just to the Visualizer and not Fullscreen Coverflow. I did try turning it off, but the problem persists.

11. heinonen macrumors newbie

heinonen

And Me... :( :(

G4 + ATI Radeon 9200

12. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

We have iTunes 7.1.5?
    I thought it was iTunes 7.1....

13. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

I want an iTunes update. 7.1 messed up the order of my Prison Break Season 2 episodes. They are messed up in the same order on the ITS as well:confused: :(

Many people have this problem, and I don't think it has anything to do with my sorting preferences, because all the other tv shows are fine.

14. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

It's not your sorting preferences, it's just that iTunes now sorts by Edisode ID# under the video tag of the info window (before I think it used Episode #). It's weird and a pain, but you can change or add the ID# so the order in correct.