iTunes 7.5 Coming Soon

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 1, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

A report from AppleInsider points to a release of iTunes 7.5 as early as next week. The release will contain a host of small improvements and bug fixes according to the site, though no radical changes should be expected.

Better management of duplicate video and song entries will be included as well as a more stable experience for users upgrading their songs to iTunes Plus purchases.

Currently in late-beta, the site expects that the software could be released within the week, however notes that such high-impact releases such as iTunes can occasionally see unforeseen setbacks. Nonetheless, the release should be out by mid-November at the latest.

Article Link

2. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

maybe they'll point iTunes's movies folder to ~/Movies. That'd be quite nice.

3. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I've been wondering how long it's going to take them to do that...

4. Editor emeritus

longofest

it would make sense, giving how things are turning out...

iTunes really needs a name change, but given how it has such a brand recognition of its own now, I doubt it will ever happen.

5. macrumors 6502

and
    maybe they will fix their window theme on Leopard so it actually paints itself as a background window when its not the active window!

I find it very annoying that iTunes looks like its the foreground window when its not.

6. macrumors 65816

cwedl

Perhaps, Notes syncing with the iPhone?

7. macrumors 65816

chr1s60

I figured they would jump to 7.5 since the Windows iTunes is one update ahead of the Mac iTunes. A new feature or two for us Leopard users would be nice.

8. macrumors regular

I just want the ability to sync iPhoto '08 Events to devices...

9. macrumors newbie

10. Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Hopefully they will make it suck a little less on windows.

11. Retired

psychofreak

Hopefully there will be something to do when you have the same song in two albums, want complete albums, but not duplicate files...

12. macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I'd like to see them add in a "Videos" section, along with Movies and TV Shows for my little 2 minute long videos that I've made, that don't belong in with my full length movies, and sure don't belong in with my TV shows. A small complaint, but still something that I'd personally like to see.

13. macrumors 6502

Ooh , I hope it's another iPhone support update, I love installing updates that mean nothing outside the countries that Apple has decided to sell iPhones to. :)

14. macrumors P6

Peace

To go from 7.4.2 to 7.5 means a significant change instead of a little fix.

[edit] perhaps spotlight integration using the same functions as the sidebar in Leopard. [/edit]

15. macrumors 65816

Clive At Five

I've never had any problems with duplicate songs... what's the fix about? Unless this release preceeds another iPhone firmware, I don't see the point.

And yes, I've never understood the lack of pointing towards ~/Movies. What would the point of having that folder be if it's never used? iTunes should integrate with your user folder, not some random place on your HDD.

Re: iTunes rename... I don't think iMedia has the same ring to it.

-Clive

16. macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Thats what I'm hoping to get out of this ...

17. macrumors member

It's probably too big for a point release, but iTunes really needs a tagging system. I want to be able to attach more than one genre or artist to a single song file.

18. macrumors regular

I'm not upgrading from iTunes 7.2 until they make sorting sane again.

Symbols come before numbers which come before letters. This 'gold standard' of alphanumeric sorting has been used for ages -- even the good old Dewey Decimal system recognizes this.

In iTunes 7.3, Apple decided -- against all conventions -- that it was a good idea to put symbols and numbers after letters when sorting tracks in the library window. I was certain at first that this was a bug, but numerous releases later the behavior is remains the same. This drives me nuts, and I refuse to adapt.

19. macrumors 601

Tilpots

I hope they make it easier to rename legally downloaded shows from sites like etree. It's such a pain to manually enter in all that info when it comes with a document that has all the necessary info.

20. macrumors 6502

I always thought Showtime sounded like a good name for a rebranded iTunes. However, I'm sure there are lots of obstacles, given the Showtime TV channel.

21. macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

FrontRow, or FrontRow Manager. As things stand, the brand is so strong, I doubt we'll see a change. But, forget iTunes, I'm ready for a new iPhone update :)

22. macrumors regular

That's funny.

Need I remind you of 5.0.1 -> 6.0, which not only came out ~a month after 5.0 but added essentially nothing but 5th Gen iPod support and a new version of FairPlay?

23. macrumors P6

Peace

A new version of a DRM IS a significant update.

imho :)

ymmv

24. macrumors newbie

Yes, and lets hope it doesn't bring any hassles to those of us installing 3rd party Apps and ringtones onto our iPhones. :rolleyes:

25. macrumors 6502

johnmcboston

Dare I hope for better podcast management?