iTunes 7 Album help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by big_boldge, Sep 13, 2006.

1. big_boldge macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2004
    Ok it's been like it since I've downloaded content from the iTunes Store, and it's never really bothered me until now, with iTunes 7 and the new album cover browser. My problem is, some songs which I have downloaded from the iTunes Store and added to my imported albums are classed seperatly, this means when I view it as an album (in the cover art view), it comes up with 2 of them! Does this make sense and has anyone else encountered the same problem! I have tried to command I in order to link it as a compliation and allt hat stuff but it still doesn't put it into the same album in alphabetical order! If someone could help me ASAP would be a great help, as it annoys me, alot!!
  2. MattyMac macrumors 68000

Oct 6, 2005
    It probably has to do with viewing by artist. If they are different artists on the same compilation/album then the cover will show up for each artist when viewing in that mode. If you view by album, then the cover should only show up once.
  3. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Jul 15, 2006
    Make sure everything (artist and album) is spelt the same...

mine did the same thing...
  4. ScoobyDoofus macrumors member

Aug 31, 2006
    Galway, Ireland
    Yeah, I had this too. It seems to happen not only when the album or artist is spelled incorrectly, but also when an album has tracks by several different artists.

My macbook is on order, so I don't know exactly how this goes in OSX, but on my PC I just select all the tracks on the album, right click, select "get info", and there's a little tick box thats says that the tracks are part of a compilation.

Tick that box, and it smooshes them all together. Magic!
  5. jblock macrumors regular

Jan 4, 2006
    I right clicked and got a lot of covers I was missing, but there were also tons that didn't download (like no Jethro Tull). Also any of the ones I downloaded don't show up in the iTunes album screen saver.
  6. big_boldge thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2004
    Ok, I've tried all the things you've suggested! Here's my problem, I thought I would show a picture, as it's easier. You see even know it's sorted out in album order, the one song I have downloaded from the store (Sean Paul) is at the top of the, and not alphabetically with the rest of the Sean Paul songs! This means when I go onto cover flow, I get two versions of the same album, one with the iTunes Store downloaded sean paul song, the other, without it! It's just annoying, and looks stupid.

Attached Files: