itunes 7 and duplicate songs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by metalgearmac, Sep 24, 2006.

1. metalgearmac macrumors member

Dec 29, 2005
    So i "upgraded" to itunes 7 and i try to delete a bunch of duplicate songs I know I have but when I want to see duplicate songs nothing shows up. I have songs with same name but different albums is there a way I can get these to show up as duplicate songs. Thanks
  2. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Feb 25, 2006
    i have no idea what you have done but it works fine wiht mine i have heaps of dup songs from different albums and they all show up
  3. zwida macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2001
    Here too. No problems getting my 905 total items to show up when I choose "Show Duplicates" in the view menu.
  4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    The duplicate search is not very sophisticated. It won't pick up that "Rotate My Tires" by Articulated Weasels is the same song as "Rotate My Tires" by The Articulated Weasels or "Rotate My Tires" by Articulated Weasels with Don Ho.

ID3 tags, especially if they were ripped by another program and later imported into iTunes, can also contain unprintable characters that will mess up the matching even if the information appears to be the same.

Still, it seems odd that you would have no duplicates if you know there are many.

As an alternative to the duplicates view, you could try sorting all the songs by clicking on artist, then name. It's more work but better than nothing.
  5. metalgearmac thread starter macrumors member

Dec 29, 2005
    Ok thank you it must have been all the different methods of importing and programs to find info on songs